~Training Days

Scene 5 | | The Training Centre :

In which Jenesis Hammaz sets up her chess pieces.

Jenesis had thrown her curls into a loose side ponytail. She was sure it looked nothing like a ponytail, but it seemed no one cared much about her hair style. They just loved the blonde and brownish curls that cascaded down her back like spirals. This was her punishment for waking up late. She had went to bed right after Finnick left the room, and it indeed was late. It seemed like her tears and cries had tired her out completely. So when she hit the comfortable bed, she was out like a light.

Here she was now, quickly throwing on the tight athletic wear. It was tight pants, and seemingly a tight top. Similar to what was given to Zayden, but his own showed off his muscles more. Or maybe because Jenesis didn't really have any, she had nothing much to show. Hers was completely black with some blue on the district number that stuck on her shoulders and back.

It was the first time since the reaping that she had resembled herself. Jenesis had always had her hair in lazy updos, everyday in her district. She worked on the docks in the morning, sold fish on some random days in the week, and went fishing for some who were not capable of doing so. She did everything she could to bring money and food to the table, also having to spread her love. So the last thing she worried about was how her hair looked, and that was her mentality now.

The front of her hair was slightly damp, so the curls of her baby hairs sprung against her hairline. It didn't look bad in her eyes, but she wasn't sure how it would looked to everyone else she would encounter today.

She was nervous for training as she rushed out of her room. She was going to spend 3 days in a room with people who might have her blood on her hands in maybe a week. She might have their blood on her hands as well. She hurriedly sat at the breakfast table. Greeted politely by Mags, who gave her a gentle nod and smile. Then there was Zayden who was eating a very big breakfast, along with Sasha who was watching a runway show.

" Finally! Your awake!" She chirped as she spared Jenesis one glance. Jenesis was expecting her to comment on her hair, but she hadn't seemed to notice it. She mentally sighed in relief.

But it was blank in the room, and that was when she noticed Finnicks absence. She recalled his words yesterday, but it all seemed like a blur. She didn't remember much as she had dozed off completely, becoming unaware of anything she didn't see in her sleep. But she did remember Finnicks comfort and twisted face after she snapped at him. So his absence in the room was more noticeable than before now.