II - A Good Leader

Start from the beginning

"It's a deal detective!" Dinah smiled before she turned to Normani and asked some questions.

Lauren nodded, before she went to turn around, not without glancing at Camila who was busy watching the rest of their kind with the punishment. A small smirk escaped Lauren's lips as she remembered how she pissed Camila yesterday.

Camila caught Lauren's eyes, while the raven raised both her brows at Camila, as if she was asking a silent What? Embarrassed, Camila shook her head as she switched glances, while Lauren turned to face the late comers again.

"Good job for coming on time." Lauren said to noone in particular, side glancing at Camila to see her reaction. To her expectations, Camila's lips curved into a small smile while Lauren remained with her poker face.

"Who told you to rest?" Lauren asked, crossing her arms on her chest as she looked at the Police Officers.

"I swear she hates me." Shawn mumbled towards the Chief.

"If you weren't such a dumbass by calling her loudmouth, and a good for nothing shit. None of us would be here!" Simon hissed at Shawn.

"It's safe to say you are the loudmouth Mendes." Brad, one of the Officers mumbled in annoyance.

"It wasn't my fault, she wa-"

"Just shut up will you?" Leo, another officer said.

"Alright Chief Simon, you can go now." Normani said, while the Police Chief nodded and stood up.

"What? No fair! He's the most late!" Shawn complained.

"5 more minutes Mendes." Simon said, looking at Shawn.

"Not until the detectives appr-"

"I approve it." Normani said, while Simon walked away.

"Damn it." Shawn cursed before he started to push up again.

"Agent Elle." Simon called, looking at Lauren who was by the tree.

The raven quietly walked towards him, greeting him a Good Morning in the process.

"I must apologize for coming late." Simon said.

"I apologize for punishing you too Chief."

"I forgive you, but maybe next time you could cut me some slack?" Simon sheepishly asked while Lauren let out a look of amusement, still in her poker face.

"I would, if you come on time next time. Otherwise it would be fair to the other officers Sir." Lauren explained, while Simon tried to control his annoyance. Without another word, the older man turned around mumbling incoherent words.

"I get that you're annoyed at me for being bossy, or maybe at us for coming here. But please keep in mind that you're the head of this station. Your subordinates reflect on your actions. If you want a better team, do better Simon. A good leader, is a good follower." Lauren informed, while Simon kept his ground as he walked towards the inside of the police station.

"Wow." Dinah whispered looking at Normani who was strictly ordering the late comers, while Camila looked at Lauren and Simon.

The two of them were currently watching by the window, and judging by Simon's expression, he seemed pissed before he entered the station.

"They're so cool." Dinah added, while Camila only nodded. The words rang in Camila's ears as she kept looking at the raven outside, talking to the late comers.

"The next time you come in late, I won't go easy on you." Lauren warned.

"Yes Detective!" The cops answered, while Lauren nodded.

"Go inside and get some rest, then do your works." Lauren instructed while they hurriedly ran inside the station.

"Are we gonna proceed with the sparring sessions?" Normani asked while Lauren knitted her brows together.

"Do you think we should?"

"Maybe? They're very undisciplined." Normani said.

"Let's give them some rest first, and ask for Simon's approval." Lauren said as they walked towards the station.

"By the way, ask for his approval." Lauren said.

"Why me?"

"I kind of told him off earlier. He wanted me to cut him some slack, I told him I would if he learns to come on time. Otherwise it would be unfair to the other cops." Lauren said, walking inside the hallway.

"You did the right thing."

"I know, but I don't want to keep slapping him with facts." Lauren shrugged as she walked towards her temporary office. As she grabbed the door handle, Lauren's eyes caught a desk by her peripheral view.

The desk had the infamous Camila Cabello's name, plastered on the top. Aside from it, there were a few quotes written on sticky notes placed on the upper right corner. Lauren's eyes caught a note, with her name on it.

"A good leader is a good follower."

- Special Agent No. 27, Agent/Detective Elle

"Detective!" Dinah called, making Lauren look up at her.

"Belle?"

Lauren pretended to raise her thumb up, making Dinah grin. Before she did a thumbs down, while the Polynesian frowned. Without another word, the raven turned to the door of her office, entering it.

"Ooh, you're dead Walz. Her office is by your stall." Dinah chuckled, walking towards her stall, which was across the door.

Their stalls were formed as the letter L with an extra barrier to let them have their privacy. Dinah, being the naughty one she is went and cut off a piece of hers, and turned it to a little window so she could call Camila whenever she wanted to.

"Good luck." Dinah grinned, opening her window while Camila situated herself. The brunette was about to respond when she saw Normani got out of the door right beside Dinah's stall.

"Hansen, start working." Normani said sternly, as she stood by Dinah's stall. The Polynesian immediately nodded, turning to face her desktop while Camila let out a smirk. Turns out Dinah was in the same position as hers.

"Hey Chee." Dinah turned to her, as she continued smirking.

"Likewise."