The arrival

(Mason's p.o.v.)

I wake up to the sound of buzzing from my phone. I groaned and picked up. "Damn already five?", I heard the train coming to a stop.

"Huh.. guess I woke up just in time", I grabbed my stuff, walked out of the cart and out the exit.

"Wow" I thought to myself. It's been so long since I've been here. The sweet smell of the grass and plain fields filled my noise. I've lived here since I was a baby, but when my parents split I had to stay with my mother. She wasn't really fond of dirt or anything that had to do with outdoors.

I took a cab to Lucas's house. Took about ten minutes to get there. His family owned a huge amount of land. I've always wondered why they need all that. They don't really use it that much. Especially since Lucas's dad passed away.

Lucas blames himself for his dad passing away, but it wasn't his fault. He did everything he could for him. Lucas doesn't talk too much to his family anymore. Sad how it ended.

I knock on Lucas's door. I could hear shuffling inside the house, sounds of breaking glass "Crap!" I could hear Lucas scream. He opens the door. He looks at me and we stare at each other for what felt like forever.

"Well, aren't you gonna give me a hug?" He said as he does a pouty face. "Oh uh yeah" I say to him as I give him a hug."Wow.." I thought. He smelled good and the feel of his arms around me felt.. so amazing. I haven't hugged anyone in so long, especially Lucas.

I didn't want to let go, it felt so nice. "Well my fluffy hair boy sure does miss my hugs doesn't he?" Lucas chuckles. " I..uh..um.." I quickly pulled away, my face growing red with embarrassment.

(Lucas's p.o.v.)

I missed Mason a lot especially his hugs. He didn't grow an inch haha. He was still 5'3. He looked so adorable with his blue plaid shirt with blue jeans.

"I see you still have the hat I gave you." I told him staring at the blue trapper hat I gave him last Christmas. He looked so cute."oh..yeah I wear it all the time it's really comfy."Mason said as he grows red." Well I'm glad. Why don't you come in.", I said as I open the door wide walking inside.

"Make yourself at home", I can tell Mason has been wearing the cologne I also got him. He is so fucking cute, honestly. I wish I had the guts just to tell him how much I- "Do you have anything to drink?" Mason asked while taking a seat on the couch." Yeah I got your favorite of course.", I said walking to the kitchen grabbing a root beer from the fridge. I took it to him sitting beside him.

"So, what was the noise of something breaking?", Mason asked as taking a sip of his drink. "Um.. something having to do with your gift.", I said laying back on the couch. "Oh alright, hopefully you didn't break my gift. Your always the type to break something that you don't even have a chance to show it off." Mason giggled. "Well..yeah."
~

"Woah, we must have been talking for hours" I said looking at the clock on the wall. Of course I couldn't really help myself, I've always loved listening to Mason's voice. It was slightly deep, but a soft tone when he talked.

I've had feelings for Mason since I could remember. I didn't really have the balls to actually tell him. He has been my friend since we were 4. Now we are both 17, I'd hate to ruin our friendship if he didn't like me. I can't help myself around him.

He looked so gentle with every move he made.

"Hey, you must be starving. I'll make us something to eat." I said as I stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Yeah" Mason said also walking to the kitchen.

He sat on one of the bar stools and stared at me while I started to cook. "When did you start to learn how to cook?" Mason playfully asked. "Well if you must know I started to take a cooking class." I said while starting to prepare the steak with seasoning.

"Wow, so you're gonna become "Lucas the professional chef.", Mason said sarcastically. "Maybe, who knows? I can definitely make you the finest dinner even if I wasn't a chef."
~

I placed both plates on the table with both of our drinks. "Bon appetite" I said sitting down bedside Mason.

I watched Mason take a bite of his food. "Mhhh ~", Mason moaned with delight. I blushed at the sound he made. "This is incredible. It's so good." Mason said taking another bite full. I took a sip of my drink.

"I know." I said with passion.

We both finished our food and decided to watch a movie together as pals (for now of course.)

We decided to watch our favorite movie that we would watch when we were little kids. Jungle book the cartoon movie. We both laid on the couch with blankets. Mason cuddle up to me. I blushed and I looked at him. I saw that he had fell asleep. My heart was racing. So much cuteness I couldn't take it. I couldn't really move cause he was on me, and besides he looked so peaceful.