Alexander stiffens almost instantly just for me to snap my attention away from Clarity back toward him. His legs are spread farther apart as he wipes a wriggling hand down his face, "But you won't die, you won't be killed, I'll be damned if I allow that to happen." He reinforces, but I'm too tired, maybe even prone; internally defeated to listen nor respond to this affirmation. "Alexander-" Clarity began to say but my mate wasn't having it. He silenced her with a menacing growl leaping from his chest. It was low but still vibrational that it shook even my own barricaded chest to the core.

"Shut it, Princess Clarity. She's had enough for one night. Can't you learn to understand that," Mavis manages to speak over Hector who makes sad attempts at consoling her. The beta pair matched each other's numbering distress and worries for their Luna. It had only in-heightened Mavis's discomfort when she'd known what Vera was since the beginning, now any efforts she had at protecting her friend had completely washed down the drain.

Suddenly Clarity's smirk only rose before she began to curl her lips and displayed a gesture of locking a key inside her mouth to shone secrecy. With ease, she tugged her shirt over her head and tossed it on the side of the couch. She plops over on the nearest plush chair and drapes a sheet over her body. "Where is my sister, Heidi?" The Alpha only stared dumbfounded out of confusion, at her way of making herself comfortable. He knew what she'd say next was riveting and a truce at their previous disagreement.

I gauge the transaction between the siblings as they continued their vigorous banter, I also take a seat adjacent to the couch Clarity was on, the tension in the room flooding out into a river bed of pooling amusement; a diversion of some sort. Again, that drink Hector offered me only minutes ago seemed all the more appealing. So I take it, after finding it displaced on the decor table. Downing it so easily, it hadn't occurred to me that wouldn't be the only thing I wanted to drink from that night.

"Brother- Alexander," Clarity beamed as the smile never left her face, she trailed a teasing hand down his stomach with her fingertip poking just above his lower abdomen. I slit my eyes at this little action but I was too demented to say anything. I was losing brain cells with each fleeting moment. "I pray of your finding of peace tonight inside your sleeping chambers, with your mate. Because you're going to need every release, that comes your way."

Time doesn't spare a second on making my cheeks gain warmth, as my heart skips a beat upon realization of what Clarity suggested. Almost instinctually do I clench my thighs together which tremor not from words alone but alcohol. "You're going to need it."

Alexander doesn't even look my way but he growls for a second time all the more threatening, The Alpha snatches Clarity's persisting hand until he had a secure, tightening grip that would surely defy blood circulation from the area. Oh, what do I have to do to get manhandled like that? "Why must you sound so cryptic, sister, and detest me. What meaning could relay behind that!" Alexander frustratedly shouts, nearly spitting his irritation on Clarity's face.

Clarity chastises my mate once again, giggling in a taunting manner which made me all the more cordial and curious at the same time. How she could laugh in the face of hate, was its own pleasure and demise, how she displayed the blood, the authority of royalty throughout everything that she does. I could only dream to live up to that feminist, patriotic predominant nature. I've always been submissive and breed-able for all I've known my whole life.

I eye the way she slides the pants she wore from down her leg underneath the sheet which covered her curvaceous bared self. Was- was she trying to seduce my mate? Her own flesh and blood? "It doesn't necessarily have to mean anything other than I'm aware of your needs Alexander Bane, is that a crime?" Are you kidding me? If I wasn't so drained right now, I promise I'd have that wretched feen's neck in between my teeth.