CHAPTER 7: A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Ruble here, rubble there, and rubble everywhere. The whole Manila was severely devastated of the unpredictable storms that hit two days ago.

There were debris every where and the rescue team were doing the best they could to rescue people who were not evacuated and specially to trapped people.
"Around 200 people have died and 50 were injured. And it is estimated that 30-50 people are still missing. The MDRRMC are doing the best they can to help the people of Manila specially on this crisis"

The broadcast really saddened the entire population. The mayor, was guilty that he didn't raise the alert level more so, he was more saddened to the fact that he can't find his only daughter,Andrea Flores.
So did the Lucio family, they were ever worried for their twins. No matter how disappointing Kyle was to them, they still want them all alive.
So, did the Navarro family,they wanted to donate the best they can and to find their daughter,Alicia.

And so did the Reyes family,they wanted to search for Peter's body by themselves if they had to.

The MDRRMC then searched the entire Ateneo grounds. They've removed every debris that's getting in the way and found some of the students' bodies. Some were drowned,some were up in the roof and some were covered by mud and shelves. Though, they've recovered a lot of dead bodies, some of their recues were successful because some of those students that they have recovered are still alive and some are in a critical condition in the hospital. They Identified most of the students yet there were still a few unidentified bodies. Which leads to the hardest part of a principal, break the news to the family of the lost students of the school.

Manila looked a lot different, It looked depressed and sad yet the people were strong and kept on going. The government were doing their best to rescue individuals and clean the debris and ruble caused by the storm

When everything was clear, The Principal Gordon then called for a general assembly for the parents of the students. Parents who had lost their children then quickly went to the hall, hopeful that they would find their missing child.

"I am greatly saddened by the tragic disaster that brought unfold unto us and to our family, I am sad to say that these are the names that we have discovered dead in our school" said Principal Gordon as calm as possible. He was facing a crowd that could riot if not handled correctly.
Fingers were crossed, parents were hoping it weren't their child. Many were weeping, some were murmuring their prayers, and some were mad at the incident that could have been prevented.
Here are the names...
Lemorey Bandoquilo, Jeffery Estrella, Vincent Eike Justine Kho, Carlo Villarin, Franceska Sarasap, Ethan De la Cruz and a few more students.

Family of the dead students were escorted to the funeral homes where they will have their last goodbyes. Parents were crying and mourning the loss of their child. You can hear shrieks of pure sadness and grief everywhere as they see their child, lifeless in a coffin.

It truly was a whole new world. A world filled with dull, gloomy atmosphere in the air.

"Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realise it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it."
-Sai Baba, spiritual leader and philanthropist
Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn't what you want." -Unknown
"Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard." -Dave Mustaine
"Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love." -George Eliot
"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." -Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)

"They had so much more in live worth living. Why? Why life is so cruel? Why, it should've been me that was taken away, stripped off from endless possibilities, not them, they were too young and fragile flowers yet they were plucked out as if they have no matter in life" Cried the yearning mothers of their children who had died in the flood.

After the parents of the dead students were escorted out, the remaining parents sighed in relief that their children weren't part of the death toll.

"The rest of the bodies discovered,are still alive"
Parents quickly bursts into tears of joy,some were thanking God and some were hugging each other in great glee of the news brought unto them by the principal.

"However,they are in a critical state,they are in the hospital right now,fighting for their lives.And I beg you to please don't panic.
The crowd was silenced,smiles turned into frowns as they exited the hall.

HOSPITAL
There lies the students in critical condition.Fika and her twin Kyle,Peter ,Alicia and Andrea.
Their parents never left their side even if there was a bad history between the Navarro family and the Reyes family.They were joined in prayer together in the well being and safety of their children.

Surely, there is a rainbow after the storm, right?