CHAPTER 6: AND THUS,LIGHTING STRIKES

Heaps of books were piled as the law students of professor Ramon were busy studying El Filibusterismo and the life of Dr. Jose Rizal so they can explain the connection and the meaning of the book not only to Dr. Jose Rizal but to the people as well.

Students were again having a hot debate on the topic.
Fika Lucio believes that Jose Rizal has a special lover that he didn’t end up with and that’s why its connected to Crisostomo/Simoun to having a strong relationship to Maria Clara that even though the situation is harsh, he will do anything for her.
“But who?” “They were plenty!” exclaimed Kyle with a smirk, teasing his twin sister.
“Shut up Kyle, do your own research. I don’t want you copying my work again. From the looks of it,my research is perfect. It has facts and I even studied not only El Filibusterismo, but uncle tom’s cabin which is the basis for Noli Me Tangere, I’ve read articles. I am confident that only my research will have the perfect score like always. “Replied Fika with a smug face.

“Okay miss perfectionist” Kyle mockingly stated to Fika while leaving.
Perter Reyes however believes that it was connected to the three priests who were martyrs. Father Gomez, Burgos and Zamora who were a close friend to Dr. Jose Rizal.
“Fika, I think El Filibusterismo is about the three priests who were martyrs. Think about it makes sense. They were close friends to the Rizal family”

“Where’s your proof? And why would Rizal write a book over some “family friends.” Fika said while rolling her eyes.
“Believe me, Paciano Rizal, has a large impact on Jose Rizal’s life as well as his literature” Peter stated with a calm voice.
“And why should I believe you, you who hadn’t been educated since the mayor pitied you. Pfft. We are not changing MY presentation just because of what you believe. Mine are based on facts while yours are based on imagination. So please shut up and do whatever poor people do” Fika stated. Leaving him in shock and left in silence. He just stood up and went to his good friend Kyle.

“Hey bro, why the long face?” asked Kyle with sincere pity of the boy.
“Its Fika and Andrea. I’ve been scorned, sneered twice today just because I came from a poor family. They won’t listen to me just because I lack education” he said with a frown on his face, close to crying, he left and stormed somewhere in the dark corners of the library.
Kyle then followed him to comfort him. He was like a brother to him. “I know they can be a bit judgmental especially my twin sister, but bro, you’re more than that, I believe in you bro.”

“Thanks bro” replied Peter, still sobbing.
“Hey crybaby “sneered Claude
“What are you doing here Claude?” asked Kyle
“I need this dweeb to make my essay for me, I have a game to practice”
“Well, you can’t just send your problems to someone else, that’s just unjust” replied Peter.
“You want to be validated right? To be welcomed by everybody, well I can make you validated. So, what you gonna say”

ANDREA POV
I entered the library, it was quiet at the entance,yet I heard noice at the right corner.It was a bunce of my classmates debating on their reports.Whatever those sore losers are time wasters especially that smug faced Fika,she thinks she’s better than everyone. Narcissist much?

I looked at the large window. It was already starting to rain. Hmmm maybe the storm will slow down eventually.

My purpose here is to find my boyfriend, Claude.
I looked at every inch of the left corner and he wasn’t there, so I faced the demon, Fika, and asked her.
“Hey Fika, have you seen Claude?” I asked trying my best to sound polite.

“I have no idea; do I look like a GPS to you?” Fika said sarcastically

“That’s it you bitch, I had it with you, your such a egoistic,
Egocentric, egoistical, self-centered, conceited, narcissistic, self-absorbed bitch, you think your higher than everyone when your just mud” Andrea hissed at Fika.
“Speak to yourself Andrea, you’ve just described yourself” Fika raised her eyebrows mocking Andrea.

“Okay stop it you two, before you kill each other” Alicia butted in.
“Andrea, I think Claude is in the history corner, with Kyle and Peter.

I actually haven’t been in the library, I had no idea where the history corner but I was too ashamed to tell her that. That skank might laugh at me.

“Come join me, I’m getting books there,” said Alicia.
Thank God, Alicia is just the kindest person in school. That’s why I respect that girl.
We quickly went to the history when suddenly Fika stopped us. Grrrrr. The nerve of this bitch.
“And where do you think your going?” Asked Fika.
“Oh, we’re just going to the history corner.” Replied Alicia with a calm tone.

Fika didn’t say anything yet, she followed us.
When we arrived, I saw my boyfriend threatening that poor Peter. I quickly jumped in to stop this at once.

“What’s wrong with you guys!” I exclaimed as I watched that Peter wiped his mouth, there was and indention that he has been punched.
“That ungrateful dweeb, he won’t help me after all I’ve done for him”

“That’s not true, I won’t agree to work on his essay. That’s for him to make, not me.He just suddenly punched me” Peter defended himself.

They had another argument until Alicia finally silenced the two. “Shut up you, guys!” “Peter, get out, go to the clinic. Claude make that essay and you Kyle, try not to get into anymore troubles.”

“Getting into trouble again I see, you know, you’re such a disappointment to the family Kyle. Mom and dad wished I was an only child” Fika sneered at her twin brother.

Then suddenly lighting striked. It hit a radio satellite. Bolts of electricity were flying everywhere. Then it hit the roofs and trees. Strong winds and rain were everywhere as if a super typhoon was occurring. Sea level were rising as floods were starting to grow.

The roof of the library was no match to the strong winds and rain. It fled off and the entire library was flooding as strong rains were everywhere. Many escaped before big bookshelves collapsed and blocked the entrance/exit.

*TWO MINUTES BEFORE THAT*
Andrea was busy defending her boyfriend, Fika was yelling at Kyle and Alicia was busy calming Peter down.
They didn’t notice the heavy rain until the roof made noises.
Then suddenly, Floods of water were rushing in .Claude being the athletic one, was quick to leave and escaped. But since everyone else weren’t that fast, they were trapped by bookshelves that fell.
And suddenly all was black.