Sticking it to Milly - John Gifford

What Happened to John Gifford After the War? - Letters to the Queen

23 Masso, 1608
Dearest Cousin,
It was good to hear from you. I pray your daughter's doing well, I do miss her gleefulness here in ______.
To our dear aunt's delight, Lizzie is with child. V will have a friend in court as she grows. Lizzie is overjoyed in her early state. But I dare say that her mood will change in the coming weeks.
If you do not mind, we would like to take a short stay at Ordet. I would like to take her on a walk through the new Mother's Garden.
As always, we wish you the best, miss you dearly, and cannot wait to see you again.
Your Joyful Cousin,
John

14, Aba, 1608
Isabella,
I'm sure you've heard the news. Lizzie died from childbed fever. My newborn daughter, Margaret Francis (after my mother and your son) is healthy and has taken a liking to her wet-nurse.
I suppose I will see you in a few days for the funeral. Do not despair for us, all will be well.
Your loving cousin,
John

21, Gwan, 1609
Darling Cousin, Isabella,
You will be overjoyed to hear my news. As I am no longer in the mourning period, I must announce to you that I have found a new partner. I know the stigmas around my choices, but as you have always been one to love and support me, I feel that I am safe to tell you. The widower and our lifelong friend, Lord Alfred _____ and I are raising Maggie together. Due to our history, as far as I am aware, no one thinks anything of us.
Now Issy, I can see you picking up your pen or standing up to go speak to Edward, but I have no wish for you to start this war. I wish for my family to have peace, and that will never happen if you start a full-scale battle.
I hope you will visit us soon,
John

10, Aba, 1610
Dearest Isabella,
Maggie turned two today. Freddie and I are taking my darling girl to swan lake. She adores the birds.
You must come visit us soon. Our trio misses you dearly.
Your loving cousin,
John.

A/N: Hi! This is the first "story" in this collection. Letters to the Queen was originally just a concept idea I came up with and saved in my notes app.

Anyways, I have no idea when the next update will be... maybe some time next week. All of this stuff is new-ish to the TSQ universe so I don't have it written or edited like I do for my other books.

Thank you for reading!

-MorrigansFlight
❤️⚔️