Chapter 17: Coulson the Tour Guide

*unedited*
After much arguing between the boys Coulson steps in. He looks for something to stop the bleeding. Radcliffe picks up a bottle of something.

"I didn't say it was a good idea, but it may be our best."

"It could kill her." Mack says. What? No she can't die. I need her.

"We can do better." Coulson counters. Radcliffe shakes his head.

"Not in the time we have." Lincoln reaches forward and grabs the bottle.

"Wait what are you doing? You said it could kill her."

"It's our best bet to safe her Cece." I move forward and grab into Elenas hand.

"No." Elena speaks up, " Mack." Lincoln hands the torch to Mack who gives a pained look. With a deep sigh Mack lights it and lowers it onto the would.

Elena screams out in pain, her hand tightening around mine. Tears stream down my face at the sight of my sister in pain.

__________________________________

Lincoln and Mack clean Lena us as I stroke her head.

"It's alright Lena. Estarás bien(you will be okay)."

"There are a lot of agents still out there." Coulson speaks up.

"At least Yo-Yos stabilized." Lincoln says.

"Hey don't do that to me. Don't take a bullet in the gut for me." Mack says leaning over her.

"I try to catch them. Too slow."

"At least your not as slow as turtle over here." I say.

"I'm hurt Cece." He smiles at us.

"So, Lena remember when I got really hurt after I fell out of that tree?"

"Yes why?"

"Do you remember the bet we made in the hospital?" Elenas eyes got big.

"Nope I don't."

"Because we made a bet that the next one of us to get seriously injured had to pay the other $50." Mack and Lincoln starts to laugh.

"I'm not doing that. The bet was made when we were 15!"

"Still counts Yo-Yo." Lincoln tells her.

"Perra(Bitch)." Lena curses at me.

"I love you too cara de mierda(I love you too shitface)."

"Wait you fell out of a tree when you were 15?" Mack asks me.

"It was only because Lena dared me to climb to the top." We all laugh. The banging of the creatures suddenly stops causing us all to look at the door.

"Must be looking for another way in." Radcliffe says, shining his flashlight on the lock.

"Guys she's burning up." Lincoln presses the back of his hand to Lenas forehead, "Could be a sign of of infection, which means we'll need antibiotics."

"No, it's hot as hell in here. I'm sweating like a horse." Mack says.

"I thought the power was off?" Asks Coulson.

"Uh, the heating system's old school. It doesn't need electricity," Mack explains, "What? They crank up the heat? Why would they do that?"

"Trying to flush us out? Why else?"

"She's blinding them." Radcliffe says holding an eyeball in his hand, "Simmons. Genius you say? She must've figured it out. Their eyes were damaged, clouded over. I suspect they could see somehow, but it must be-"

"Infrared." Coulson cuts him off.

"Must be infrared. Clever girl. " Radcliffe chuckles, "Cranking the heat up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit, and we're free to move around as we please."

"So you want us to go out there on a hunch ad hope those things don't rip us apart?" Mack says.

"It's not a hunch. It's science." Radcliffe says angry with Mack. Radcliffe moves to the door and undoes the lock. He opens it and walks out. After a few seconds he looks back at us and nods.

"Well we better follow him." Coulson says.

"He probably doesn't know where he's going. But neither do I so lead the way tour guide." I say looking at Coulson. He shrugs and walks out of the room.

We walk down the hall, Lena leaning on Mack and Lincoln.

"I sealed off the stairs. Not sure how long it'll hold, but hey." Coulson tells us as he tour guides us around. When he opens the door to his office a lamp is thrown at him.

We move into the room to see Jemma crouched down.

"Oh, thank God."

"Thank God you missed." The boys move Lena into the room. And lower her into a chair. Jemma's doctor mode turning on.

"Is she okay?"

"She's stable for now." Responds Lincoln.

"Have you seen the others?" Mack asks Jemma.

"I checked the containment room. By the looks of it, Fitz and May climbed up onto the Zephyr."

"Then they can stop them hopefully." I say.

"Or be blown to bits. Did you notice the heat? I increased the temperature because-"

"We figured it out, yeah." Coulson cuts in.

"Yeah I did. Picked up on it straight away." Radcliffe buts in.

"Yeah we make a pretty good team. Here at the Strategic Homeland... What comes after Homeland?" Radcliffe keeps going.

"Just say S.H.I.E.L.D." Elena hisses through pain. Radcliffe nods.

"Are you alright?" Mack asks her.

"What happened?" Jemma wonders, again.

"Mack lit me on fire." Lena groans.

"Long story." Says Mack.

"She needs a hospital." I tell them.

"There's no way out." Jemma says to me touching my shoulder gently, "Took me a while to open the lockdown window, but it's a 40 foot drop."

"What about the underground tunnels?" Lincoln asks. There's underground tunnels? Woah.

"Sealed shut." Jemma responds.

"I have a way." Coulson swipes on his arm, small orange shapes light up.

"Hey who came up with-" Radcliffe starts.

"Fitz was inspired by your work, put a few new tricks up my sleeve." He continues to press his arm as there is small beeps.

"Remote Quinjet?" Jemma realizes.

"Hell yeah." Mack says.

"I love S.H.I.E.L.D tech." I say.

"It's on its way, but let's be clear. I'll get you to medical, to safety, we'll contact Talbot, have him authorize military force to take back our base. But them I take the Quinjet to intercept the Zephyr on my own." Everyone objects to this.

"It's not up for discussion. Your agents, I'm the director. I brought Hive to this planet. It's on me to stop it."

"If May we're here-" Mack starts but Coulson interrupts,

"She'd give me a very dirty look, yeah. I'll get them out, get them home, but I'm not gonna lose anyone else." An engine outside the window causes us all to look out. A Quinjet hovers in front of the window.

"I have to say, I really enjoy the way you do things." Radcliffe says.

"Me too buddy, me too." I tell him. Mack smashes the window and we all board the jet.

__________________________________
A/n
The final chapter for this season should be our very soon! I'm so excited to start writing season 4. I may put the first chapter of season 4 out tonight but I'm not sure.