Chapter 9

Mack, Elena, and I spotted Coulson standing and the hallway and we made our way over to him.

"Is everything okay?" Mack asked slight concern laced in his voice. Coulson said something quietly to Mack. I glanced at Elena and we both walked from the two heading to the lounge room.

____________________________________

After hearing the base was on lockdown Elena and I stormed into the lab.

"What do you mean? We not leave?" She questioned angrily.

"This is common it's just a security thing since Malick's in custody." Daisy told her.

"Security? More like paranoid." I said rolling my eyes. This whole situation seemed odd. There was a reason for us being kept here.

"I want to do something or I go home." Elena said to her.

"Have they cracked him yet?" Lincoln asked joining in on the conversation.

"He's cooperating, but we have to be patient."

"I hate this bureaucratic nonsense." With that I walked out of the room, Elena following behind.

____________________________________

Elena and I were walking the halls when suddenly the power went out. We kept walking, trying to find a familiar face amidst the darkness when an explosion rang through the seemingly empty hallways. We turned the corner and saw Daisy, Lincoln, and Coulson at one end, and Mack coming from the other. We moved towards Mack.

"Were we attacked?" Elena asked Mack. That's when I noticed agents with guns moving to stand behind him,
"I just need you both to stay where you are."

"Mack?" This made no sense.

"You're coming for us? Why?" Elena asked him.

"May, be cool." I heard Coulson say.  More and more agents started to surround us.

"Where's Joey?" Coulson asked us.

"I don't know. Coulson you need to level with me right now." Daisy said, putting a hand out to stop him from coming any closer.

"We need to get you checked out. Hive can sway Inhumans. Your team may have been exposed in the rescue." Coulson finally explained. Why didn't he just start with that?

"Wait, sway is that like mind control?" I questioned.

"One of you killed Malick. I'm trying to keep everyone safe, including you. Where's Joey?" He said ignoring my question.

"My team wouldn't do that." Daisy told him shaking her head.

"They wouldn't have a choice. It's like an infection."

"Pensé que protegías a la gente. (I thought you protect people.)" Elena was looking at Mack with hurt in her eyes.

"I swear that's what I'm doing, Yo-Yo."

"We saved your asses and you come at us?" Lincoln said. Anger was very evident in his voice.

"Lincoln." Daisy said in attempt to calm him down, " why didn't you tell us?"

"Daisy stand down. First we get everyone in quarantine, and then we can talk." Coulson said sternly.

"Not everyone. Anybody in here could have killed Malick, but you singled us out right away." Lincoln took a step towards Coulson.

"Lincoln stop it!" Daisy snapped. Elena nodded at me and we each grabbed a gun from a guard. Daisy suddenly grabbed Lincoln and ran into the room next to us, Elena and I following them. Joey who was apparently already in the room shut and locked the door it using his powers.

"What's happening."