Trained assassin | 4

Start from the beginning

I had a soft spot for historic buildings. My mother used to Take me and Diana to explore. Our favourite was ' the castle of moncalieri'. We used to go at least once every year. It was memories like these that made me miss them terribly. I shook my head vigorously. "No Maria. Stay focused" My conscience spoke.

We were greeted by butlers standing outside of the grand doors.
" hello ma'am, gents" they bowed "the party will commence at 10pm, my assistant Jacob will show you the way to the guest room if you would like to change." He said with a bored tone. However, I decided to ignore it because this mission was very important, I didn't want to ruin the satisfaction and get my anger out now. But he soon changed his attitude when he saw alek and Silas looking stern behind me, they had murder in their eyes.

We were led to the guest room. There were beautiful paintings above us covering the ceiling. The room was comforting, I felt as though my mother was with me.

"We'll go get ready" said alek with a nod

"You alright Maria?" Silas asked.
I cleared my throat and replied "I'm fine"
I walked towards the bathroom to take a shower. I massaged the lavender body wash into my skin, breathing in the sweet scent. All I could hear was the water hitting the sliding doors. This was my comfort. This calmed me. This was my 'me time'.

I finally came out and wrapped a towel around my body.
"Der'mo!" (Shit!) I exclaimed.
I had forgotten my duffel bag. I strode out back into the room to find alek and Silas. Alek was in a navy blue tuxedo and Silas was in a black one. I snatched the duffel bag from the chaise lounge and walked swiftly back to the bathroom.

The dress fit perfectly

The dress fit perfectly. I applied some makeup and curled my hair. I wore some black heels and clipped the black jewelled bracelet around my wrist. I slipped a gun into my garter along with a machete.