We passed the fountain and walked to the main entrance. Nina knocked and a maid came to open the door. She looked like she was in her early thirties and she wore a blue and white checked dress, with an apron worn over it.

Her face was pretty, would probably have been prettier when she was younger. I knew this lady, she was nice and the one who welcomed us each time we came here.

Her name was Lisa? Yeah, Miss Lisa.

We greeted her.

She smiled at us. “Um…Nina.” She pointed at Nina.

Nina nodded. “Yes ma’am.”

“Bolu, am I right?” She asked me. I replied with a nod and a shy smile.

“And uh…I don’t think I’ve seen this pretty girl here before,” She looked at Joy Anne. “What’s your name, dear?”

“Joy…Joy Anne,” Joy said with a shy smile of her own.

“Okay, Joy, you girls look great and happy New year, by the way,” She said. 

We all muttered same to you and Lisa said; “Come with me, Ninu’s waiting for you. Some of the others have arrived.”

Others, who?

Lisa led the way and we were brought to the courtyard, located in the middle of the dome house. It was spacious and without a ceiling or roof. There were tables and chairs with umbrellas on top of them and stuff.

There was even a small pool and the water was so blue I felt like jumping in immediately but thought twice because of the cold.

“You girls have a great time, okay?” Lisa said and left us standing at the entrance, which was a glass door.

We nodded our thanks and Nina slid the door open as we walked in.

MJ was the first person I sighted or heard because of his overly loud voice. He yelled something about a new movie being the best one he’d ever seen Kevin Hart star in. Then, I sighted the rest of the guys who weren’t far from MJ.

In fact, they all crowded one table as they talked. Fred was seated beside MJ and Jeremy was on his other side, laughing. Ore Jumai was also there, opposite MJ, shaking his head and smiling at whatever the dude was yelling about.

Ayo was the only one quiet in the midst of all the noise. He had a smirk on his face and crossed his arms as he leaned back on the seat directly beside MJ. He didn’t say a word. How could someone be so quiet?

Then to the other side, I saw Ninu. She was arranging the food and drinks.

“Happy New Year, guys!” Nina squealed excitedly and that got everyone’s attention.

“NINA BABY! BOLU! FOLARIN!” MJ yelled as he rushed towards us. Picked Nina up and spun her around. He did the same for Joy and wanted to do it to me too when he looked at my height and thought twice about. I laughed as he shook my shoulders vigorously instead.

Fred crashed us in hugs. I couldn’t breathe. Jeremy gave Nina and I fist pumps then kissed Joy after saying; “My baby!”