you won't see it coming

Start from the beginning

That caused Chaeyoung's head to abruptly face the front doors.

Before the older girl could turn back around to look at her, Chaeyoung was already walking towards the exit.

"Thank you, Jisoo! I'm going now! Have a good break!" She waves without looking back and rushes excitedly towards the exit, her boot-clad feet hitting the ground loudly.

Chaeyoung wraps her arms tighter around herself once she is completely out of her dorm building.

The weather is super cold around this time of the year in Seoul and even with her thick puffer jacket, she could still feel the cold winds biting through it.

As she swirls her head to look down the steps of her dormitory building, she finally spots Jungkook leaning against his car that was parked right across the street.

She feels an incredible surge of warmth rushing through her body, killing away any iciness she previously felt, and her heart damn near explodes from happiness.

Her boyfriend, who is only donning a pair of simple grey sweatpants and similar black puffer jacket, is now waving at her with both his hands held high above his head.

Jungkook has a huge dimpled grin stretching across his face and when he makes no plans to stop waving, Chaeyoung can't help but giggle into her hands.

Not moving an inch from her spot, she waves wildly at him back. The spontaneous action causes Jungkook to smile even bigger.

The couple obviously didn't care if people could see them being corny out in the open. They felt way too happy just watching each other from across the street.

Then, Chaeyoung starts to notice something a little different about Jungkook but before she could pick out what it was, she sees him cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Chaeyoung!" He yells then waves his arms again.

Chaeyoung slowly starts to walk down the steps of the dorm building, responding to his call.

That's until Jungkook decides to stretch both his arms wide open and he wiggles his fingers, signalling her towards him.

Chaeyoung laughs and quickly rushes down the steps.

She sees Jungkook smiling harder now, all teeth and dimples, and his arms remain wide open.

Once she reaches the bottom of the steps, she looks down the road to make sure there were no cars.

When she confirms that the coast was clear, Chaeyoung dashes across the street, running straight into her boyfriend's arms, her contagious laughter making Jungkook laugh as well.

The happy couple twirls around together as they hug right in front of her dorm building, just enjoying the warmth of each other in the cold winter air.

"Oh, I miss you, Jungkook." Chaeyoung hums, her eyes closed and her face pressed against his thick jacket.

"I miss you too, baby." Jungkook wraps his arms tighter around her, his nose buried in her hair.

Jungkook loves how Chaeyoung smells. And he might start getting used to her sweet strawberry scent. It was all over his bed this morning too.

He kisses the top of her head.

"What took you so long?" She mumbles against his chest.

"Hmm.." Jungkook curled his lips inward. "I was preparing something special for you."

That got Chaeyoung to pull away to look at his face.

And when she did, her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets because she finally noticed what was different about her boyfriend.