i have feelings for you

Jungkook had always been the dominant type — he was always ahead of others, always leading and always knew what to do before anyone else. You could say that it was because he had a natural proclivity for leadership. When his teammates were struggling with a problem, Jungkook would always be the first to voice out his opinions and they would gladly follow. It's just a trait that was innate to him. Like a piece of his puzzle. And it works.

And then he had met Park Chaeyoung — or Rosé, as she'd like to call herself but really, Jungkook prefers calling her Chaeyoung. And unlike everyone else who would silently follow and agree with him, Chaeyoung had been challenging. And he hated to admit it at first but everything about her had intrigued him. She exudes so much confidence the first time he had met her and he knew then that she wasn't just a pretty face but also someone who is incredibly quick-witted. And behind the cold surface she puts out, she was also kind and gentle. And it made Jungkook melt.

Therefore, seeing her now, standing effortlessly in front of him on the sidewalk, her posture confident against the wind, was enough to make his heart hammer loudly in his chest that he almost felt like a little middle school boy with a crush.

"Hi," she says softly and her pretty voice caused him to sit up straighter in his seat.

"Hey," Jungkook replies and he didn't even realise how long he had been staring until she cleared her throat and so Jungkook moves a little on the bench to allow her room to sit.

And so they sat beside each other, basking in the silence of the night until Jungkook decided it was time he addressed whatever happened between them because he owes it to her but before he could say anything, she abruptly turned her head towards him, causing him to jolt in surprise.

"Was there.." she blurts out, with wide eyes and flushed cheeks, "Was there something I did wrong? " She stuttered and he noticed the way her hands fiddled with the hem of her sweater.

"Huh?" Where did that come from?

"You know yesterday, while we were watching..?" she trails off, "I thought that maybe I had gotten it all wrong and I was overthinking everything after you left, and I thought that maybe I was being too eager, or maybe I wasn't doing something you like.. you know..? Like, maybe I had been terrible at it and I even thought that I was just not attractive enough for you, you know? Wait, am I making any sense, I don't know but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I—mmf"

But Jungkook had cut her off with a kiss, and his hands had found their way to cup her cheeks and it took Chaeyoung a second to comprehend what was happening but after another beat, she was holding onto his arms as he angles his chin a little to deepen the kiss, the force of it making her lean back onto the bench. And when he realised that she had kissed him back, a small smirk tilts the corners of Jungkook's lips before he dips down again to give her another kiss, sweeter and slower this time and Chaeyoung sighed against his mouth before he pulled back completely, now resting his forehead against hers.

"There is no way I would think you aren't attractive.." Jungkook breathed and he gazed into her eyes, hoping she would get a hint of what he was about to say next. "The truth is," he pulls his head away now to look at her, "I have feelings for you, Chae."

And Chaeyoung's heart skips a beat as it drops to her stomach. Did Jungkook just confess?

"And I didn't want to rush into anything, considering the basis of our relationship, and I wanted to tell you first how I really feel about you because I think you deserve that at least, so please don't think badly of yourself," he says, reaching up to cup her face lovingly, "because yesterday was great and I just didn't want to, y'know, do something that'd make you hate me but it seems like I did exactly that."