Chapter 4 : Hurt

Ranbir manages to convince Pragya to let his wife  stay at mansion. Prachi was left with no other choice than to comply to her mother's wish. She mentally consoled herself saying 'just a night'.... That's when she heard someone approaching the room , she quickly covered her with a blanket.

She is damn sure who the person is. And she clearly didn't have strength to confront him.

Ranbir : Get up Prachiii!!! I am not that dumb to believe you are sleeping...

Prachi seriously didn't expect this as she pretended perfectly as if she is sleeping. May be, he is just playing around to make a check. She didn't react...even a bit..

Ranbir : With all of those stunts you are pulling now a days..I am damn sure that you are an amazing actress..(chuckles)..But you know what Prachi..all of these doesn't work in front of me...Unless and until you dont have your dinner-

Prachi throws away the blanket...waking up to see his demanding and authoritative eyes..

Prachi : Am I the only actor here?? Who are you then? Why are you pretending as if you are concerned about me? This makes no sense..

Prachi couldn't utter any more words further as her heart ached seeing a moment of hurt in Ranbir's eyes...the feeling  of longing..care..love and how she hurt all of these. It has become more complicated now. Both of them are battling with their own thoughts... Deep silence engulfed both of them..

 Ranbir kneels down in front of the bed , slowly enveloping his fingers over hers..holding them tight..he lifts up her chin..looking into her eyes...and he sayss...in a defeated low voice

in a defeated low voice

"You are right Prachi..I am pretending..*silence*..pretending to be okay..since the day you left me..since the day you are pushing me away..pretending to be unaffected..when you claim I am nothing to you..BUT YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO ME PRACHII..I don't know if I could pretend anymore..Prachii"

He storms out of the room..but still comes back..turning towards her at the door.

Ranbir : Take one thing in your mind clearly Prachi..Whatever might happen , but I ll never ever give up on you..I want this plate clean when I come back..*stern*if you don't..I have my own ways to make you do that..

Giving his final warning...he leaves out of the room.

Prachi(to herself) : What sins did I ever do to deserve all of these happening to me..I always wanted good for everyone..Life is soo cruel to me *weeps*...It is so cruel that I have married the love of my life..married to the person whom I love more than myself..but still can't express my love to him..hug him...

I am tired of this pretending too , Ranbir...Trying to push you away..acting as if it doesn't care...But the truth is..It hurts badly when I know you are hurt that too because of me..

Prachi eats the food not because that he threatened her..but she didn't want upcoming argument..She worries about Rhea who hasn't returned the home yet.

Ranbir(to himself) : You can hurt me how much ever you want Prachi..But I ll never  leave your side when I clearly know that you are doing it purposefully...I ll make everything right..

Aryan : Had fight with Prachi?? I warned you not to boss her around..

Ranbir : That's the only way left to make her do things..*thinks*Aryan..make sure mummyji , shahana everyone are here by morning. Only then I can make her attend the reception.

                                               ******************************

Please vote if you like the update. This is my first work nd I seriously have no idea if you guys like the story..please comment about it..so that I dont waste my time.

Thank you @Nandini3443 for motivating me to write..