A Day in the Life

Summary: Jane decides to take you out for a spin all day long and it proves to be the time of your life...

Warnings: None

A/N: Inspired by that one episode where Jane empties a bag of leaves at a baseball field and lets them fall all over him for the Heck of it. Also - (y/f/b) means (your favorite book) and listen to the Beatles while reading this...you'll see why. Particularly, Hey Jude!, Ticket to Ride, Yellow Submarine, and All You Need is Love. In that order. Enjoy!

Oh wait, last thing...

Can we appreciate the accuracy of the gif above?

Comment if you'd rather hit or hug Jane. ok back to the show...

~~~~

Well, you'd done it again. You'd lived through another day of murder, affairs, jealousy and theft; you filled out the paperwork; made the arrests; and filmed all the confessions you needed. Usually Vanpelt and Rigsby were the first to go home, though they had to stack their exits to avoid anyone taking a jab at their relationship. It was secret afterall, but between being around Jane and just knowing the two agents...it wasn't exactly rocketscience to put two and two together. Cho was leaving now, and Lisbon was probably gonna be shut up in her office late into the night.

That left you and Jane out in the offices.

As you began to pack up, you heard Jane stirring on his couch.

"You awake?" You called out from your desk.

"Well yes," Jane paused. "But I wasn't necessarily sleeping."

You slammed the top drawer of your desk shut and threw your bag over your shoulder, finally turning around to the corner of the room where Jane had been quietly resting for a few hours. He was alert now, sitting himself up and stretching his arms towards the ceiling. When he'd rolled his shoulders, he spun towards you.

"Oh," He smiled in an arrogant, knowing manner. "I know that look. Honestly, (Y/L/N), you have enough to worry about without worrying about me."

"Me worry about you?" You scoffed.

"Yes. You worry more than even you know."

"Maybe it's because you don't worry enough about yourself," You replied, holding Jane's gaze. "Someone has to."

"No, you just enjoy it," Jane pointed out.

"Why not? Rather you than..."

Jane raised a brow, smiling that insufferable smile of his as you fumbled to finish my thought.

"Point is, you and you have fun together and we both know you don't get enough of that."

"We'll have to do something about that, then!" Jane shot up off the couch, taking his discarded dresscoat with him. He stepped towards you quickly, only pausing when he was directly to my left. Jane eyed me from an angle, smiling softly as he continued, "It sounds like someone needs a day of fun, with the master of fun himself..." Jane paused and then tilted his head. "That'd be me."

"And what exactly," You shifted closer to Jane. "Does a day of fun mean?"

"You'll see," Jane winked as he headed towards the elevator. "Tomorrow morning, 10, be dressed for the...unexpected."

The unexpected? What unexpected? "Wait - Jane? Jane!"

But he didn't stop. He didn't even look at you until he was in the elevator and the doors were sliding shut over his sparkling eyes and startling smile.