Chapter Twenty-Three: Welcome To Hell

"What's wrong with Her Melina?" Han demands. It was a week since He found their little party and Katie was now laying in bed shivering, yet sweat plastered her blonde and pink hair to her face, and clung to her tank top. Melina wasn't looking to good either, with her sunken in eyes and grayish tinged skin. Melina just smooths back Katie's hair and whispers soothing nothings into her ear, trying to help her relax into a fitful sleep. When she was finally in a semi sleep state Melina gets off the bed and turns to Han, her arms crossed, and her famous scowl turning her lips down.

"isn't it obvious? She's going through withdrawls," She states picking invisible lint off her arm. Han's mind whirls as the pieces fit together. She was going through withdrawls which means she was not using anymore. He takes in Melina's sickly figure and states the obvious.

"You are too?" She just nods and sinks into Katie's swivelback chair.

"Yeah only I wasn't as bad as she was, I didn't realize how bad she had gotten till now." She says staring at her best friend. Katie whimpered something incoherent in her sleep and tosses onto her side, the sheets twisting around her legs, trapping them. "And before you say anything we can't take her to the clinic," Han just turns his eyes to her

"We have to, they can help her!" He says leaning against the desk next to her. Melina rolls her eyes and smacks his arm.

"Han if we take a Sixteen almost Seventeen year old Girl to a clinic for cocaine withdrawls they will call Social services and take her away faster then you can say We need help! Is that what you want? to watch the girl you care so freaking much about get taken away and possible never see her again because either she will be ship somewhere far away or you will be in freaking Jail for child endangerment?" She snaps pegging him with a 'how stupid are you?' look Han opens his mouth to protest but shuts it as the truth in her words hit him like a slap in the face. She was right, as much as he wanted to get h er help he knew that she would be taken away, and he knew it was selfish to want to keep her here instead of getting her help but he couldn't lose her. Melina just puts her hand on his shoulder and gives him a tight smile.

"Han?" Katie's weak fevered voice whispers from her bed and his head swivels to her, seeing her bright green eyes, dull with fever, staring up at him. He sees her withered form curled up half in the sheets, soaked with sweat and his heart shudders. He hated seeing her in Pain like this, He wanted to help her he wanted to take her pain away but this was one time that he couldn't do anything to help her,but be there for support. "Han?" She says again her voice cracking and he flies to her side, holding her fevered hand in his and smoothing away her limp hair off her face. "I'm sorry" She whispers, she opens her mouth to apologize again but he just shushes her

"Shhh It's OK, I know. I'm here for you angel." He says tightening his hold on her hand, she weakly returns the pressure and smiles at him. "Get some rest, I'll make you something to eat you need to eat something even if it hurts." He says when he sees her about to protest. She sags against her pillows and stiffly nods her head, in minutes she was passed out from exhaustion and pain. He places a kiss on her hand before placing it gently at her side. He gets up and motions for Melina to follow him out of her room. the two slip out quietly and stand awkwardly in the Hall way not knowing what to say to eachother.

"She's doing this for you you know?" Melina says softly looking up at him, her eyes looking painfully sunken in, her skin fragile.

"Why?" He says, feeling utterly helpless. Melina just snorts in a disbelief way and crosses her arms, lifting her chin and looking down at him.

"You can't be that stupid, I thought there was a brain behind those Sexy eyes of yours?" She says looking at him like He was the dumbest guy in the world. Han just leans against the wall and looks back at her, his eyes narrowing at the insult. Melina drops her hands and shakes her head in exasperation. "She doesn't want to lose you Han." She says to him like it was the most obvious statement in the world.