Chapter Twenty-Two: Suspision Confirmed

Han gingerly gets out of the car and winces as he puts weight on his injured leg. He was just getting home from the doctor with the prognosis of a badly bruised bone, which didn't warrent a cast but some strong hydro's. He held the little pharmacy bag with distaste, knowing he would rather suffer through the pain then be high off of the pain meds. He grabs the Taco bell he Bought for everyone and limps to the door to let himself in.

"Girls You still here?" He calls up the stairs where music was blaring from Katie's room, making it obvious they were home, that and the fact that Melina's car was still in the driveway. When the only response he got was silence and music he puts the food bags on the breakfast bar and limps up the stairs to tell them he was home and brought food. Before he knocks on the door words filter to him above the screaming music

"Are we out already? Lina that shit wasn't even as strong as the old stuff!" Katie hisses, her voice had a high whine to it that he had never heard before.

"I'm sorry the new guy charges A hell of a lot more for the good stuff then Cade did, this is all I could afford, I'll just buy more of it next time. At Least it severed it's purpose, you're totally out of it" Melina says with a slurry laugh

Warning bells go off in Han's head as the words sink in. They were talking about drugs, and the fact that he didn't smell the tell tale signs he knew it wasn't weed. He hesitates at the door trying to see if he could hear anything else that would tip off what exactly they were doing but the room was silent, their words to soft to hear over the blaring screaming music. He steels himself and flings open the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAN!" Katie screeches. Han swivels his head in the direction of her scream and sees the two girls crowded around her computer desk, Katie trying very hard to cover up what was laid out in front of them. But Han saw a flash of a mirror and Knew instantly what was going on.

"REALLY COCAINE!" He shouts, balling his hands into fists, making Melina shrink back in fear, for she had never seen him like this. Katie on the other hand, even though the drugs took more to get high had already worked their way in her system and she was riding the blissful energetic high that always came with the powder. She just crosses her arms and stares defiantly at him.

"Get out of my Room Han this has nothing to do with you." She huffs pointing a black covered nail at the door. He just stares at her in shock before turning his eyes to Melina who had moved to cower next to the bed. His anger softening as he stared at the frightened girl, he moves deeper into the room and squats down in front of her offering his hand.

"It's OK Melina, here let me help you up," He says. She hesitates before gently taking his offered hand and lets him pull her to her feet. "Why don't you go to you're room and sleep this off OK?" He suggests softly. She looks at Katie for confirmation and visibly relaxes when she nods her head, relief flooding her features. She quickly crosses the floor and slips out of the room, the door making a soft snick as she closes it, leaving Han and Katie alone in her room.

Katie crosses her arms and glares at Han who sat carefully on her bed. How Dare he come barging into her room and kick out her friend! He was killing her high but only slightly, the drugs still had their grip firmly latched on to her. She stares at Han as he stares back at her, despair in his dark eyes making them appear deeper. Finally he drops his gaze and sighs flopping onto his back in her bed, stares instead at the stars on her ceiling.

"Why Katie? Why Drugs?" he asks his voice deflated of all anger. Surprise flickers inside her as she realizes he wasn't there to fight like she had thought. She just looks down at the ground and scuffs the soft carpeting with her big toe.

"It helps me cope with the Flashback, with the nightmares, and memories." She admits looking up to find he had propped himself on his elbows to look at her, his body stretched deliciously across her bed, his feet planted firmly on the ground. She lets her eyes linger on his body a little longer before finally looking him dead in the eyes. "It's not like I had anyone to turn to." She says knowing that the jab was a low blow to him, the flash of pain and the flinch that ripples over him confirmed that the blow cut deeper then he let on.