"Ula, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset him." Bolin says and I give him a small smile. 

"Bo, you have no reason to apologise. I'm sorry, Churo is never usually like that." I reply. 

"Well, why don't we plan where we're going on our tour of the Fire Nation?" Asami suggests. I let out another soft sigh before smiling to her, grateful at her attempt to move the conversation away from the bizarre attitude Bolin had received.

"Yes, I know as soon as we get back my mother will be asking." I say. 

--

I take the final bite of my food before pushing my bowl away from me. We now have a plan of where we're going and I have to say I'm feeling somewhat confident about it. All I need to do is go to these towns, show my face, tell them my promise for my reign as Fire Lord and then move on. With my friends by my side I know nothing can go wrong.

"Princess Ulazu, please can I have a word?" Churo asks. I look to him briefly before turning back to my friends. 

"We're just heading to the bathroom, then we'll be ready to go." Korra says as her and Asami scoot out of their chairs and head to the restrooms. I nod and give Bo a small smile before sliding out of my own chair to leave the bending brothers. 

"Of course," I say turning back to Churo. He bows his head and guides me away from the table towards the small break room out back. 

"Princess, I-" Churo begins, but he stops short, hesitating. I frown slightly and watch the man curiously. In all my time knowing Churo I've never seen him unsure about what to say. He's a man who knows his mind and he speaks it unapologetically. This behaviour just isn't like him. 

"Churo, if this is about before, it's behind me. I just hope you know that Bolin meant no offense." I say with a friendly smile, however it soon slips as I watch a guilty expression form on Churo's face. He drops his gaze to the floor and confusion hits me. 

"I'm sorry, but not for what I said." He says after another moment of hesitation. I frown and take a step towards him. 

"Then what are you sorry for?" I question. He looks up at me and licks his lip nervously. I go to take another step but I freeze as I hear a yell. 

"Ulazu!" Bolin shouts, panic in his voice. My eyes are wide as I look over my shoulder to see a large, tall man standing in the doorway, blocking my path to Bolin. I turn back to Churo who looks down again. 

"I'm sorry." He mutters again, a large tear rolling down his cheek. Another yell fills my ears and I spin on my heel, bending fire at the large man standing in my way. The sudden attack catches him off guard and he is sent flying back. My heart beats frantically in my ears as panic pumps around my body at an alarming rate. 

"Bolin!" I yell frantically. I sprint back to the table to see seven firebenders surrounding Bolin and Mako. They both fight back, but they are being overwhelmed. I bring fire to my fingertips and immediately bend powerful shots at the two men closest to me. The fireballs slam into them, forcing them both into the walls, knocking them out cold. Bolin and Mako look up to me, but I don't take notice of their startled expressions. I'm angry, beyond angry, and these thugs are going to receive my wrath. 

I inhale deeply as the five remaining men look my way, and after a split second I release a breath of fire upon them. The flames are large, but I don't care about burning the place down. I am so far beyond caring. I lift my hands up and heat bend the flames that come close to Bolin and Mako to ensure that they don't get burnt, but I don't have to for long because they soon drop, and so do the thugs. They groan in pain on the floor, but I ignore it. I move past them to Bolin and instantly fling my arms around his neck. He embraces my shaking body tightly to match my death grip on him and he sighs into my neck.