Chapter 18

I walk back towards the training centre feeling incredibly anxious, but I push it aside. I trust Korra, and Korra believes that this is the right thing to do. Therefore, I will be teaching Leiko how to heatbend. I just hope that she doesn't let me down and use it badly. 

I make my way through the corridors until I'm back in the large training room, and immediately, I see my team still hard at work. These people sure as hell has good stamina, I'll give them that, and honestly, it will come in handy. No one looks up as I walk back into the room, and I'm unsure about whether it's because they haven't noticed that I'm here, or because they're not fazed by my arrival. I return back to Bamir and Leiko to see her panting as she bends a large stream of fire into the earth pillar, and as soon as I stop beside Bamir to look at her, my heart thumps ten times faster. I need to just start teaching her now before I back out. I know I can't back out because I told Korra I would, and I keep my word, but I might if I give myself enough time to over think it. 

"Leiko, you can take a break if you'd like." I say. Bamir jumps slightly as he turns to me, as if he didn't realise I was standing right next to me. 

"Spirits, Ulazu, when did you get back?" He gasps as he clutches his chest. I smile at him in amusement, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"Just now, I didn't mean to scare you. But it was quite funny." I say with a small laugh. Bamir pouts and shrugs my hand off his shoulder which only makes me snicker more before I return my attention onto the firebender woman. She holds her knees, continuing to pant heavily as she looks up to me. 

"I-I couldn't get through the pillar. I focused on my breathing like you said, but I couldn't do it." She says in defeat. My smile softens and I take a couple of steps towards her. I have felt defeated by my bending before, and I don't want that for her. I want her to believe in herself, and maybe heatbending will be what she needs to do that again.

"It's okay, I didn't get it straight away, it takes practice." I say gently in attempt to encourage her. She smiles ever so slightly, but I can still see how annoyed she is with herself for not being able to do it. She reminds me of when I was trying to learn lightning bending and couldn't get it, but I know Leiko will get it, but for now, I want her to work on something else. 

I go to open my mouth to talk to Leiko about heatbending, but before I can I hear Hani yell my name. I turn around to see him and Tahno standing by the door. I can tell by his expression that he's not happy. 

"Ulazu, we're going to one of the healing huts so Tahno can get practice without having to punch me." Hani says and I hold back a laugh that bubbles in the back of my throat. I didn't realise that was how he decided to teach Tahno. 

"Whatever you need to do." I reply giving him a small wave before returning my attention to Leiko. 

"No one is going to let us just walk in and practice healing people." Tahno scoffs. 

"Ask them if you can do it as a favour for me. Me being Princess has to have some benefits, right?" I say with a shrug. Hani's frown slowly morphs into a small smile. 

"If they let us do it because I'm using your name, then expect me to use it everywhere I go." Hani grins as he turns to walk away. My jaw drops as I watch him leave with Tahno close behind him. I'm going to regret letting him use my name, aren't I? I look over my shoulder towards Bamir who watches Hani leave in amusement, though I have to admit, I'm nervous. I know Hani, he might be 23, but he cannot be trusted. 

"Bamir, please make sure he doesn't do anything stupid on my behalf." I beg. Bamir laughs loudly, but chases after our friend. 

"I'll make sure, fireball." He chuckles as he runs out the room. I sigh, running my hands over my face to calm myself before turning back to Leiko. She watches me closely with a small look, but I try to ease her worry with a smile, moving towards her slightly as she stares at me.