Chapter 35

Alessandro's POV:

we finally arrived at my mothers house in Italy, it was hidden and closed off because that's how my father built it. i grew up in this house, while also moving back and fourth from Italy to New York a lot

we got out of the car and my mother came rushing out of the house to greet us. she wasn't always the best mother but she did what she could. even though i sometimes hate being back home in Italy.

"i missed you sandro, you should come visit me more. it's good to see you son." she said standing on her toes to hug me.

she noticed nicole and her mouth dropped.

"oh my goodness. and who is this beauty!! why didn't you tell me sandro. she's gorgeous" she said excitedly

"what's your name sweetheart?" she asked her holding my waist

"nicole" she said looking at her with a straight face. i guess she didn't like mother's that much. makes sense

"that's a beautiful name love, come come let's get you inside" my mother said waving her hands.

"my name is gianna. but you can call me gia for short" she said with a warm smile.

i helped enzo bring the bags inside and upstairs. enzo gave me a look. almost like he wanted to ask me something but hesitated about it.

"you think she's going to make it?" enzo said looking at me.

"i think she'll be fine" i said looking back at him.

the ball was tomorrow night and there would be a lot of mafias there. everyone has to get along during the ball. but after...it all goes to hell. and i cant have nicole die tomorrow night.

we walked inside and took the bags upstairs. enzo put his bags in his room and i put nicole's in the room next to mine and after i put mine in my room.

i walked back downstairs and saw enzo, nicole and my mother all in the kitchen. enzo was leaning on the door frame and nicole was standing next to my mother.

"so everyone else can get a hug but i cant" enzo said leaning on the door frame

"oh enzo come here, you know i love you" mother said hitting him softly

i walked in the kitchen seeing all of them standing there. i was unbelievably tired, i could fall asleep on the floor right here right now

"sandro whats wrong?" my mother asked me walking up to me cupping my face.

"nothing i'm fine. just tired, it's late and we have a lot to do tomorrow" i said taking her hands off of my face.

"i suppose you're right. we'll go ahead and go upstairs and rest" she said looking at me

"goodnight ma" i said bending down to give her a kiss on the cheek and walking away.

enzo said goodnight and walked upstairs a few minutes after me and walked to his bedroom. i didn't see nicole come upstairs so i just waited in the hallway just to make sure my mother wouldn't do anything.

enzo saw me standing there shaking his head and smirking.

"i've never seen you like this before sandro. you're wrapped around her finger" he said hitting my shoulder.

"no i'm not i'm just making sure my mother doesn't do anything, you know how she is" i said back

my mother is manipulative, worse than my father was. she's tried everything in her power to make everything my fault. when really it wasn't, she told me i was the reason she had another affair in New York, that i'm the reason my fathers mafia was failing. no he just sucked at being a leader. so i killed him and took control. easy.

"yeah i know, nicole is a great girl but don't get attached to easily, you might piss her off one day and she shoots you in the head or worse" he said with a light chuckle standing next to me.

"you're right, goodnight enzo" i said laughing

"goodnight" he said back and walked back to his room shutting the door.

after a few minutes of waiting i heard nicole coming up the stairs. she looked tired as ever. she also didn't sleep on the plane so i knew she needed to sleep.

"what are you doing up so late nicole" i asked her getting closer

"i was talking to your mother, is that so bad?" she said calmly

"no it's not" i said dragging my finger across her jaw. i stopped for a second and looked into her eyes. she stared back at me almost falling asleep. i walked away after a little bit and went to my room.

it was 3am and the ball was at 8pm, something told me that the ball wasn't going to be the best, but that's how they always end up.

i got into bed after changing pulling the sheets over my body getting warm. i shut my eyes finally falling asleep.