44. ALBANY

"Can you move the fan a bit?"

"If I move it anymore, you're the only one who's going to feel it," Thomas hissed from his spot somewhere to the left.

"You can't complain!" I yelled at him. "The four of you have it easy. You're almost fucking naked and I have to sit here sweating buckets."

"If you make one fucking comment about my sexuality, Thomas, I swear I will fuck you up," Kieran hissed.

I stared up at the dark ceiling and held my breath. Thankfully Thomas listened to Kieran and stayed silent. The last thing I wanted was for them to start fighting again. It was all they'd been doing these days.

Fighting and arguing.

"Besides," Steven muttered, "we're not naked, brown eyes. I'm wearing the new underwear you got me."

"Us," Thomas spoke up. "The underwear you got us."

Sheets rustled. "I don't understand why you got us underwear and not Kieran any."

The air slowly left my lungs and my lips tilted up into a smile. "You're all wearing your underwear right now?"

Sitting up, I leaned over the side of the bed and nudged Kieran. He grumbled and slowly sat up. I jumped when his hand gripped mine even though I was expecting it. Tugging, I reached up and felt around. A second later my fingers brushed his jaw.

"Hand me the remotes," I whispered in his ear.

Kieran chuckled and turned his head to press a kiss to my cheeks before he got to his feet.

I winced when light suddenly filled the darkness. Plastic rustled as he searched through my bags for the remotes. A few minutes later darkness surrounded us again. Nobody asked questions so I supposed they were already asleep.

What I wasn't expecting was for Kieran to climb onto the bed with me. He unlocked his phone and used the light it gave to show me the remotes. Our eyes locked as he handed two over to me but kept one.

The amusement dancing through his eyes was enough to make my smile widen. Kieran didn't smile and laugh nearly enough.

We turned onto our stomachs and with the use of his flashlight we read the instructions that came with the underwear. Once done, Kieran inserted the batteries into the remotes.

"You better not be eating chocolates without me," Thomas called.

My lips parted when Kieran grabbed one of the remotes he gave me. His eyes locked with mine and his lips tilted up into a crooked smile. With a wink, he pressed the button. His thumb moved to the next button and pressed down.

"What the fucking hell!" Thomas yelled. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

"Ouch! That's my fucking hand you're stepping on."

A nudge to my shoulder had me reaching for the other remote. Steven's low moan made my stomach clench. I could hear the way his breathing was speeding up—just like it had only hours ago when we snuck out to the barn when nobody was looking.

Heat flooded my body.

Kieran had turned on Severide's underwear.

The air inside the den thickened. Their increased breathing and low groans was affecting me a lot more than I liked. Next to me, Kieran shifted.

We should've thought this through.

"Motherfucker!" Thomas cursed. "What the hell is this?"

Kieran's body started shaking. He was laughing at them! Was this why he encouraged me to buy the underwear for them?