Bohemian Rhapsody

Start from the beginning

"You're getting good at that," Brian smiles looking at the photos, "Even bossing us about to get a good angle

"You're getting good at that," Brian smiles looking at the photos, "Even bossing us about to get a good angle. You'll definitely be our tour photographer one day."

"Can we maybe walk the trial one night to see the nocturnal animals?" She looks up at him with puppy eyes.

He can't fault her passion for animals, he loves that he has a follow nature and photography lover, "I don't see why not. Maybe tomorrow or the day after."

She grins hugging him, "Thank you."

After that Alice leads Jasper and Biscuit towards the trail, "No further than the tree, okay?" Roger calls after her.

"I promise," She gets the two dogs to sit in a start line position and races them up the path until they're out of sight. The four go back to recording.

Out of breath, Alice slows to a walk the two dogs bounding along beside her. She takes some photos of them as they go, as well as the scenery around them.

There's so much other wildlife to be seen as they walk, she gets photos of deer, rabbits and sheep. She can't wait to do the trial at night with her uncle Brian to see the nocturnal animals.

They came to the tree and Alice has to stop, a sudden tummy ache has her leaning against the tree.

Sensing his owners distress Biscuit cries and whines nudging her hand, "I'm okay buddy. It will go away soon."

Sitting on the roots at the bottom of the tree, Alice waits for it to pass, Jasper and Biscuit sitting on either side to protect her.

Alice takes a few more photos while she's sat there and when the pain wears off, they start the walk back.

Getting back to the house she makes the decision not to bring up the pain she felt. John is busy cooking dinner in the kitchen when she enters, "Hi Uncle Deaks," She climbs up onto the barstool watching him, "Need a hand?"

"If I say yes will you do as you're told this time?" The last time she helped Brian they had an argument about how the vegetables should be cut. She nods innocently and he passes her the carrots to chop, "Be careful not to cut your fingers."

As she chops, she slips the occasional piece of carrot down to Biscuit sat at her feet. Freddie, Brian and Roger are already on their first intense scrabble game of the night.

"Alice, stop feeding him carrots," Roger warns, looking up from his letters.

"But he likes them," She whines, "And he's hungry."

"Then give him some dinner, you know where the pouches are." Huffing she climbs down from the stool and gets the dog food from the cupboard.

Later that evening, Roger climbs into bed. Alice is sharing his bed during her stay due to limited room but he doesn't mind, she doesn't take up much space.

He noticed her holding her tummy and brow crested, "Alice," He mutters to see if she's awake.

Her eyes flutter open looking up at him tiredly, "Are you hurting?"

"I have a tummy ache," She nods. Climbing out of bed, Roger heads to the bathroom and comes back with some Calpol.

"Sit up Monkey," He pours the right amount on the spoon and she takes it with ease. He leaves it on the side in case she needs it in the night and gets back into bed.

He pulls her closer, "Don't hide your pain, Ally. If you do then I can't help to make it better. If you're still having trouble when we go home next week then I'll make an appointment to see the doctor," This has gone on for too long now and he doesn't want her in pain if it can be fixed.

She doesn't say anything, just drifts off the sleep. Roger plays with her hair, wondering just how much pain she really is experiencing. Brian told him about the mood swing theory and it does make some sense.

A tummy ache is something he can handle but deep in the back of his mind, he fears this is more than just a phase or sickness bug.

------

The next two days passed and Brian arranged the nighttime trial walk for tonight as promised, he's looking forward to sharing his passions with her.

Alice is currently upstairs getting some sleep before their late-night escapade. John is upstairs getting ready to have a shower when he hears her call for him.

Slipping his shirt back on, he leaves the bathroom and pushes Roger's door open. Alice is curled up in the middle of the bed, tears streaming down her face. He kneels beside her brushing her tears away, "What wrong, Ally?"

"Can you get daddy? I don't feel well, my tummy hurts." Poor Biscuit is on the bed beside her trying to comfort her by cuddling into her.

John doesn't need to be told twice, "I'll be right back."

He races downstairs interrupting their game of scrabble, "Rog. Alice is asking for you."Roger doesn't question him and follows him upstairs, the others hot on his heels, "Alice? What's wrong love," He wipes her tears away.

"My tummy really hurts, I'm too hot and I feel sick," She whimpers still holding her stomach.

John leaves the room to grab a bucket, he comes back placing it next to the bed. Roger gets Brian to move Biscuit away.

Brian gently pulls the dog back but keeps him able to see Alice. "Ally, lay on your back," Roger encourages her checking her temperature.

She does as she told moving her hands away from her stomach, "I'm going to feel, tell me where it hurts?"

He starts at the bottom of her abdomen working his way up. He presses lightly at the top and she cries out, curling in on herself, "I'm sorry Monkey." His mind is elsewhere though.

What concerns him is what he felt when he pressed that area, "Brian, do me a favour and check to see if you feel what I do."

Freddie steps forward holding Biscuit in place and Brian moves around the bed, "I'll be gentle." Alice hesitantly moves her arms away and he lightly presses causing her to whimper but he feels a concerning hard mass.

"I'll go and call for an ambulance," Brian mutters, flying downstairs to the phone.

"It's gonna be okay," Roger brushes Alice's hair back, giving her a small smile. Freddie lets go of Biscuit, the retriever doesn't pounce or jump on her, he just lays beside her trying to provide her with some comfort until the ambulance arrives.