***

Time flew by so quickly we barely realized it was already 7 pm. Mia had decided she would sleepover at my place and grandma was leaving today to go back to her place for her work.

Mia and I left my room and went down the stairs to say our goodbyes to grandma hoping she would surprise us soon. She hugged us tightly.

If you would ask me I didn't know what grandma did. I don't even think dad knew... It was weird, she was like this secret agent 007, rich and healthy and so charming still no clue who she worked for and how she got so charming and rich.

"I'll miss you kiddes" she said while we stood at the door smiling at her as she walked down the stairs with dad's help with her luggage.

"We'll miss you too grandma" Jack and I answered her back waving goodbye.

"And Emma, please tell me how 25th goes and if you need me dear, I'm just a phone call away!" She shouted out before she disappeared down the stairs.

"I will grandma!" I told her and then Jack and I got inside the house.

We crashed over the couch in the hall and Mia was eating my dad's left over pie from the fridge in the kitchen sitting over a bar seat.

Jack surprised me as he sat idly next to me with his PSP not in sight anywhere.

"So Jack – I went to ask him if he was fine but he interrupted me before I could speak any further.

"I feel emotional every time Nana leaves. I like her company and I'm guessing you can see that but don't rub it in me" he said looking away and staring at the fire that roared in front of us at the fireplace.

"Um okay, I'm sorry you miss grandma. I do too but she will be back soon you know that right?" I told him.

"I know Em. It’s just I miss her often okay?" He spoke embarrassed and irritated at his feeling at the same time.

"Do you want some pie?" Mia asked with her mouth full feeling horrible for Jack.

"No, I'll be fine soon" he said getting off the sofa and walking to his room.

"Ah this sucks Mia" I groaned unhappily leaning my head behind and shutting my eyes, sadly.

Mia got off the bar seat and walked with her plate to the sofa I was sitting on and jumped onto it waking me up and I gave her a questioning look.

"Do you know, whenever Jack feels like that, like when your grandmother leaves, it’s his way of saying he misses your mom" Mia explained looking at me very seriously.

"I know, it happens to my father as well as me. We all feel depressed on the day grandma leaves and then the next day is just normal again" I told her, putting my hands over my head, sick of feeling like this.

"Don't worry Em, you've got me next to you all night and Chris's jacket. Hug and kiss it and you'll be fine" she started making funny expression of me making out with the jacket and I slapped her with one of the sofa pillows next to me.

"HEY!! Watch the pie" she shouted as she put her plate above her head and protected it from me.

" Mia Mia Mia Mia" I repeated her name till it got boring and then shut up which made her very happy of her ability to tolerate me.

***

Later I woke up in the middle of the night because I had been having very bad dreams and felt very upset all over again suddenly.

The house felt empty without grandma and I felt bad thinking about dad and Jack feeling so depressed without her. Although Mia was with me I still felt depressed, I felt that maybe this feeling couldn’t be shared with anyone else and that I was alone to feel so sad by myself and that no one would get me.

I looked down to see Mia sleeping on the extra mattress arranged for her below my bed and frowned.
She was so sound asleep and here I was feeling so snugged and depressed it made me feel even more pissed internally.

I remembered Mia's words, when she had suggested I should wear Chris's jacket so I would feel better and safe again and I really wanted to this stupid gloomy feeling to go away.

I would actually do anything to feel safe and happy again so I got off my bed and tip - toed my way to my closet. I slowly and silently opened it and pulled Chris's jacket out, shutting the closet after that and running to my bed again.

I stared at the jacket for a while as I had placed it in front me and then I decided I should wear it anyways. I slipped the jacket over my shoulders and closed my eyes while I sat on my bed and let images of Chris carrying me in his arms in the parking lot and meeting him for the first time at the local store slip in my mind and subconsciously my heart felt much better. My lips twisted into a smile and I pulled his jacket closer to myself with joy.

"I knew it, now please go to sleep" Mia murmured in her sleep, shocking me that she knew I actually would follow her advice and I fell back on my bed, putting my hands over my lips and laughing, blushed to no extent.

________________________________________________________________________________-

i hope you guys could relate a little to this chapter. usually when i get sad i hug the things that mean a lot to me or get me excited and happy and my gloomy feeling goes away. :P

im sorry i took time to upload had a few busy day behind me and so i didnt get the time to upload. 

Well if you liked this chapter please vote and comment and next chapter will be fun again coz its going to be the 25th of december!!! hahaha :P 

vote and comment