"Madame Roux." Angelina grinned, letting the woman fuss over her once she stepped back. She usually would've shied away from Madame Roux's pat down but she had missed the woman too much to gently remove her hands.

     "You look like you lost weight ma fille. You need to eat. A lot. I have made many things today. What do you want?"

     "The Mille-Feuille of course."

     "Perfect." Madame Roux nodded. When her gaze shifted, she froze, startled by the men taking space in her boulangerie.

     Angelina briefly forgot that she had entered with Drake and Mason at her sides. They had stepped back from the glass display, now more curious about the woman than the desserts.

     "Who are these men Angelina?"

     "My friends."

     "Your friends?"

     Just then, Monsieur Roux popped up behind his wife, holding a tray of freshly baked baguettes. Tendrils of smoke floated from the golden goods. "Où est-ce que- Angelina!" The man paused, dumping the tray on the counter, and flying to her so fast, she practically caught his thin frame. She was pulled into his slender arms as tangible relief poured from his skin. "Where have you been?!" He demanded, his expression concerned when he pulled back and held her shoulders.

     "Safe." Angelina replied.

     His gaze settled on Mason, narrowing. "Who is he Angelina?"

     "My friend."

     "Since when did you have friends?" Monsieur Roux's brows scrunched, genuinely baffled by the prospect.

     She was all but aware of Drake's stifled snort and Mason's amusement.

     She kept her expression tame despite her murderous urge to blacken both their eyes.

     "Mon cœur!" Madame Roux hissed. "You're embarrassing her in front of her friends." She chided.

     "What friends?" Monsieur Roux made a point of looking beyond her shoulder, skimming over the males at her side. He either didn't think she entered the place with Mason and Drake or he was flat-out refusing to acknowledge them.

      On the other hand, she would be embarrassed if she wasn't already used to the old man's jests.

     "Come sit while we get something to eat for you." Madam Roux guided them like children to the nearest table. Both Drake and Mason looked over sized sitting around the pink table. "What do you want to try mes enfants?" She asked, waiting for a response.

     "A Mille-Feuille for me please." Angelina spoke first.

     "Oui et tes amis?" She glanced towards the men, expectant.

     "Uhhh, beignets?" Drake requested, bashful of the woman's attention on him.

     "Oui, c'est un bon choix. Et toi?"

     Mason ordered the macarons.

     Madam Roux waddled out of sight, humming a tune.

     "Who are these people to you?" Drake asked, once Madam Roux was out of earshot.

     Angelina knew the question would come sooner or later. She just hadn't expected Drake to be the one who asked.

     She studied the pastel colours in the small boulangerie, grateful for the familiarity of it all. She was in her own space. She could relax and feel at ease. It was probably the only reason why she answered his question.