And I didn't want that.

"Can we go back to my place and watch beauty and the beast." I suddenly ask him.

"What? No I'm not watching that shit." He argued.

"Vinnie please? That's not fair I watched you play that stupid game on your computer for like three hours yesterday, before you actually acknowledged me." I whined. "That's not true, I acknowledged you."

"You did, to call me annoying for calling you multiple times." I argued back.

"I'm not watching the beast and beauty." Vinnie retorts.

"It's beauty and the beast, and yes you are..."

"I'm not."

"You are."

***

"I can't believe I'm watching this shit." Vinnie complains, plopping down on my bed.

After not much deliberation, I finally got him to say yes to the movie. He hated every moment of me whining in the car, to the point he gave in and said yes.

1 Cleo - 0 Vinnie

"Is she your favorite princess or something, is that why we're watching this crap?"

"She's my second favorite. My favorite is Tiana. She's a person of color like me, and I relate to her the most. The first time Disney actually made me feel seen. And that was in what? 2009? Just imagine little me back in 2009 seeing that they put a black princess on tv? I was shocked. And for the next 2 Halloween's I went as non other that Princess Tiana." I smiled, remembering the good old times.

"So I'm assuming you just have these photos lying around somewhere and you haven't showed me?" He questioned, turning his body in the bed to face me.

"I do... but in New York. My mother kept all of those to feed her book scrapping addiction." I laugh, thinking about my mother.

Vinnie smiles at me, before we both turned back to watch the movie.

At this point we were at the part where Belle had been trying to save the Beast after Gaston came and tried killing him. Believe it or not, but Vinnie was highly interested in the movie, not breaking eye contact with the tv.

I found myself dosing off after a while because I'd seen the movie so much that if I fell asleep and woke back up, I would be able to recall what happened while I was sleeping.

I couldn't help it though, so I let the sleep consume me, drifting off into a deep slumber.

*
By the time I woke up, it was daylight outside and the birds where chirping ever so loudly.

I didn't realize that a heavy arm was placed around my waist until I heard soft snores that made me jump.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself, before turning around.

There laid Vinnie, in a deep slumber with his dirty blonde hair covering his eyes.

My tv was off, meaning he must've finished the movie or turned it off whenever he got tired of it. I slowly got out of the bed, creeping towards my bathroom, where I peed and brushed my teeth before doing my full on skincare routine, including showering and pulling my curly hair into a ponytail.