The Problem

Plot: Reid is trying to sort through some feelings and all Morgan wants is to help his distressed friend(that sound suggestive. it's not)

wc: 1127

They've just gotten back from a case

-

"Hey, pretty boy," Morgan greeted, sitting down on my desk, and completely abolishing my train of thought. "What's going on? Has something with the case gotten to you?"

"No," I replied, cursing the way it came out and brightened up my voice. "Why would something be up?"

"I don't know, you've just been acting off, that's all." He explained.

"Well nothing's going on, I'm fine." I told him more sharply than necessary. I didn't like the way he was leaning closer to me, the feeling I got in my chest. "I-it's late, I think I'm going to go home." I stood gathering my bag and coat. He looked at me like I had said something completely ludicrous, not that I was leaving work at half one.

"Can I walk you down then?" He asked with a sigh, clearly disappointed. Him walking me down wouldn't? hurt, right? Nothing too eventful should happen.

"Alright," I gave. He flashed me one of those million dollar smiles, that didn't at all make my heart flutter knowing I was the cause of it, as he jumped of my desk to grab his things.

I waited a moment for him to slide into his leather jacket before I walked out of the room toward the elevators, knowing he would follow me. It's not that I didn't want to spend time with him, not it at all, I just wanted to sort my head out. I wanted to understand why I felt so nervous around him, why my heart beats faster when he gets close. These are all symptoms of attraction, which I hope is not the case. It would make things complicated, and honestly, why would he reciprocate?

"Come on, Reid," Said Derek once we were safely in the elevator. "Tell me what's wrong. Maybe I could help." I gave a curt laugh to his suggestion. He is the problem as far as I know.

"No, I don't think you can."

"Then tell me anyway," he said seriously, causing me to look over to him. His expression was soft but determined. He locked his eyes with mine, not letting my gaze slip.

"Derek, I really don't want to have this conversation right now. I don't even know if I feel the way I think I do about the situation, I need to figure it out first." At that point the elevator doors opened and I promptly stepped out, followed by a frustrated Derek. I continued to walk to the doors, no matter how much I knew he wanted to talk to me.

"Spencer, come on man, talk to me," he tried again, grabbing my arm enough for me to stop walking and look at him.

"If it was any other issue, I would talk to you about it, I promise, but this one is a bit more complicated."

"All the more reason to tell me," he insisted, wearing my resolve thin.

"Derek,we would have to have a proper conversation about this. We would need privacy-"

"Then come to my place," he interrupted. "Or I'll come to yours and we can talk about it."

"Why are you so set on this? It's not really your problem."

"Because you're my friend, and you're really important to me, and I want to help." He smiled sweetly, causing a love sick smile to creep over my own face. God, with me acting like this, I might not even have to tell him.

"Alright, we can go to mine." His smile grew into a large toothy one, practily exclaiming his triumph. "Drive me?" He nodded. I turned, and let out a sigh. How the hell am I going to tell him? This is going to suck.

~

"Do you want some water?" I ask in attempt to stall for time, but he shook his head. "Anything to drink?" I tried once more.

"I'm fine, thank you." He replied, a bit over formal. Maybe he's nervous, he's not been to my apartment before, so maybe he wants to be polite.

"Okay, um, well-"

"Stop stalling." He said causing my mouth to snap shut. He made his way over to the sofa and plopped down on the center cushion. "Well, come on." He beckoned, patting the seat to his left.

Hesitantly, I walked over and sat down. He turned toward me, giving me his full attention, making me more than flustered. I ran my hand through my hair and opened my mouth to speak, only to snap it shut and rethink my approach. I mean I can't just be like 'hey you have a nice face and a personality to match, let's date!'

"Come on, Reid, it can't be that bad," Morgan urged jokingly. I scoffed at his remark, because it's pretty bad. I looked down at my fiddling hands, take a deep breath, then squeeze my eyes shut.

"I think I really like you. Like more than a friend, and I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. And if this makes you uncomfortable, or feel weird we can both just forget-"

"Spencer, shut up," He stopped me, thankfully. He lifted my head up so I would look at him, and I thought he was going to say something to let me down easy, but all he did was place a chaste kiss on my lips. It was crazy how much that little contact effected me. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest, and my body felt like it was vibrating, kind of like electricity.

He backed away from me a bit to see my face. A tense silence filled the air, and when the questions in my head became too much, I broke it.

"Why did you kiss me?" He laughed at this, his teeth showing through the fond smile he had displayed.

"I thought you were supposed to be a genius," he joked.

"I understand things with a logical explanation. I'm serious, Derek, I'd rather not be lead on."

"Maybe I kissed you because I like you. Ever think of that?"

"But why would you reciprocate? I'm nothing special... I may even be a little ill minded. Nothing desirable." I stated. He still had that beautiful loving smile plastered onto his face, and I just couldn't place it.

"You're an idiot." He stated bluntly. "I'm going to kiss you again, because I like you, okay?" And with that he had his hand on the back of my neck and was pulling my face to his once more, and this time, I kissed him back.