Meet Me At Our Spot - Amber x Reader

The rush of wind against your (H/C) locks of hair and dainty, (S/C)-colored skin made the smile that was plastered on your face grow wider. Your arms, which were extended outward for mobility and steering, would normally be tired by now. However, adrenaline rushed through your body as you glided through the skies above the City of Mondstadt.

The view from where you were was amazing: high above the crimson red roofs of the buildings below, the small dots of citizens' heads moved slightly as you took a quick glance below your elevated body. While it was hard to distinguish who was who, you could recognize some notable people from below, such as Margaret, who was strolling around the Market district as part of her normal routine, and Helen, who gracefully played her lyre despite her loud and obnoxious voice.

Your gaze returned ahead of you, where you could see Falcon Cost in the far distance, with Windrise being much closer. The sun that shined from above gave you the ability to see all of the nooks and crannies of both the city and the scenery in the distance, a sight that your eyes could never get used to.

Ah, what it feels like to truly be free...!

Gilding was your favorite activity to do in your past time. Between working your backbreaking, nine-to-five job at Angel's Share and taking care of your large family at home, you seldom had the opportunity to partake in leisure activities or anything remotely fun.

However, everything changed when you ran into a peculiar brunette, who seemed all too ecstatic about introducing you to the activity of wind gliding.

After your first lesson with the Outrider, you didn't realize how addicting adrenaline felt to you. Sometimes you would be itching to glide from the top of the cathedral or simply just the roof of your country home, but never in your life did you think that wind gliding would be so fun.

It was also a good distraction from your problems, and you longed to find a coping mechanism that wasn't detrimental to your health, like consuming alcohol in large quantities. In certain parts of your life, you wished that you could remove yourself from the worries of the world and just relax.

Thankfully, the Outrider gave you a healthy way to deal with your stress and frustrations.

Oh! That reminds me...

Amber, the only Outrider of the Knights of Favonious and three-time winner of the Gliding Championship, was a great friend of yours. She sometimes accompanied you on your gliding routes while also introducing you to new ones. She also held petty contests with you, in which she always won (to be fair, she did have much more experience than you) despite your bickering about rules and unfairness.

The thought of her reminded you to meet with her at a secret place in Mondstadt - a place that held sentimental value to both of you. She told you that she had something special to gift you, though you hoped that it wasn't another one of her home-cooked meals; she wasn't particularly good at cooking.

Though, just when you were about to steer yourself to land on a roof nearby, a loud voice from below startled you.

"Hey! You can't glide here!"

The voice was masculine and stern, and it prompted you to look down. There, you saw the annoyed face of a knight who placed their hands on their hips.

You found the nearest roof to land on, your glider retracting back into its magical compartment. You dusted yourself off before peering over the edge of the roof, where you met the face of Huffman below. You grimaced slightly as you realized the situation you were in.

Uh oh, not again...

"Hey there!" You called out to him worriedly as you tried your best not to meet his stern gaze from the ground. You could tell that he sighed at your greeting.