6

"Please do something! Free him from those belts! PLEASE!" I tried to scream, but no one seemed to move.

Didn't they hear me or are they ignoring me on purpose?

I really couldn't hold back and wanted to help Kacchan out. I moved my hands down to the wheels of the wheelchair I was sitting in and moved them forward, so that I could get closer to him.
Even though it felt like my hands were burning in fire and my bones were being ground, I had to get to Kacchan and help him.

At that moment he noticed me and tried to lock eyes with me, but I looked towards the belts and tried to remove them from him, which ended up being harder than I thought.

Mr. Aizawa took action and wanted to get me away from Kacchan, but I did everything to not let that happen. The fact that my teacher wanted to stop me from helping my childhood friend and partner (hero partner, yk?) was making the blood in my veins start to boil.

"STOP TRYING TO STOP ME!" I screamed, I could feel the vibrations from my voice going through my whole body. I activated One For All by accident and when my teacher tried to pull my arm away from Kacchan, he got catapulted against the wall. With shaky hands I was still fiddling around with the belts and managed to get them open after one more try.

I looked up at Kacchan who was visibly calmer compared to before. I knew that he was still in complete panic and fear right now because his PTSD was triggered, but I couldn't blame him. No one actually could. I didn't even want to imagine how scared he must have felt in that exact moment.

Even though I just helped Kacchan to get free, he still tried to shoot me away with the explosions he was creating towards my body. I quickly grabbed one of his hands that were ripped open from overusing his quirk and squeezed it tightly, hoping that it would comfort him in some way.

I knew that saying something comforting wouldn't get us further since neither him or I could hear each other and it would only cause him to get more frustrated than he already was.

The ash-blonde kept shooting explosions with the hand I was holding until Mr. Aizawa got up onto his feet again and erased Kacchan's quirk for a little while. Luckily he started to calm down after some time. He wasn't kicking around as much as before, even though you could still see that he wanted to. He was sobbing like a little child, fear glowing in his eyes, though that didn't stop him from trying his best to gain control over his body and emotions again.

After another while his limbs went limp and you could only see Kacchan's chest moving slightly from sobbing a little.

Without moving my head, I whispered to Kirishima that he should hand me the clipboard together with the pen. He placed them onto my lap and without letting go of Kacchan's hand I ripped away the paper which was used by my classmates to communicate with me only a while ago. I started writing down on a fresh sheet of paper.

Kacchan, everything is okay, you are safe, we both are. We are both alive, okay? It's okay to cry, but there is no need to try to defend yourself. There is no danger lurking for any of us. I am here for you.

I put the pen on the bed and lifted up the clipboard with the front facing Kacchan.

When he was done reading the words I've scribbled down, he tried talking to me, but of course I wasn't able to hear him. He didn't know that I was deaf yet.

Kirishima noticed that and wrote down what the ash-blonde boy said to me before, so that I could read it.

From Bakubro: I am so glad that you are alive, god damnit. I never should have allowed you to carry out this stupid plan. I never should have done that.

I took the pen and started writing my reply for him.

No, your decision was right, you did nothing wrong. We finally defeated All For One and that is the most important thing. Don't blame yourself for anything that happened.

Before I gave him the board to see what I had written down he looked at me with a huge question mark on his face. I knew that he was wondering why Kirishima had to write down what he said.
If Kirishima was able to hear what he himself said then I should also be, right?

So I added another sentence before I handed him the paper.

I am also deaf.

As soon as he reached the last sentence standing on the paper it seemed like his brain just shut down. Like everything in this world has lost its meaning. I was pretty sure that I looked exactly like him when I was told by Mina that he was deaf.

His lips weren't moving. He didn't try to say a single word. He didn't want to. He became silent and I could watch one single tear escaping his eye, slowly making its way down his cheek.

The boy was staring at the paper and didn't move one muscle until he was ready to write something down.

Slowly he let his hand move the pen across the paper and gave it to me to read it.

It is my fault, isn't it?

My heart broke when I read that. It was his fault somehow, yes, but I still would never blame him for making me deaf.

Instead of replying to him by writing down a few words again, I just slightly shook my head and gently placed my head on his stomach, hoping that I wasn't hurting him too much.

I couldn't feel any vibrations through his body, which made me believe that he was silent and so was I. We were both quiet and didn't dare to say anything. We were just breathing calmly.

I was now in the same situation as him and he was in the same situation as me. We were both deaf, both alone in the silence. Which meant that we should definitely stick together in those times or otherwise neither of us would survive the lifetime that was speeding towards us.