you were a teenage girl who had no intention to come here to pray.

"shouldn't be splattering blood in such a holy place you'd be offending the lord above." the words were weird to say.

'lord above'.

who would be looking down upon this.

but the words clearly provoked taiju.

but that shouldn't have been his biggest concern in the slightest. a girl came running up behind him, stabbing him in the back of his hip. glancing down on it, it only barely missed a vital point. yikes, that was lucky.

he threw the girl across the room.

too much was happening. you ignored taiju who was still darting eyes on you and walked over to the girl. you'd rather not get questioned about a murder.

"hey, whats your name?" you asked the girl who barely had the motivation to stand up due to how sore she must've been.

she still had the knife in her hand.

she was vulnerable right now.

"..yuzuha" she muttered quietly. she avoiding including her family name. you nodded quietly and looked into the girls eyes.

"hey yuzuha-san. i don't understand your exact reasons behind stabbing someone but violence should only be used to protect people" you said with a small smile.

her eyes flickered.

she stared at you for a minute or two.

"you're just like him.." she muttered quietly as you helped the girl to her feet.

"hm? like who?" you replied raising an eyebrow.

. . .

"mitsuya-kun" she answered quietly.

hm? takashi mitsuya? you weren't anything like him. he was an honest kind soul from what you could tell. you were manipulative, cunning, and not completely honest with yourself. it didn't make sense what similarities she saw between the two of you. you scratched your head a bit at the answer before patting her head not knowing what else to do with a small smile plastered on your face.

"hah?! you think this bitch is like that guy? the one who STOLE my younger brother away from me?" taiju raised his voice.

ouch

no need to call me a bitch man.

he dropped takemichi's body who was almost unconscious and grabbed you by the collar holding you up in a similar way of takemichi. but he didn't grab you by the neck.

"are you planning to take away my sister?! like how he did to hakkai? HAH?" he spat in your face. it was pissing you off. you had zero raw strength and wouldn't even be able to get him to drop you with what you had. your body wasn't made for fighting and you never trained it for such. but a beat down by a beast was probably better than getting kidnapped, and the experience kazutora saved you from.

. . .

"you shouldn't be violent to innocent people. they could sue you and put you in jail for assault." a soft tone said.

your eyes met his. speak of the devil. takashi mitsuya flashed you a small reassuring smile. you signaled your gaze to yuzuha who had clearly been going through more than you. she was an emotional wreck right now and still had a knife in her shaky hands.

"and whats the mighty hero takashi mitsuya going to do about it? is she your girlfriend or something because my dear sister said she's just like you" taiju's eyes sharpened on mitsuya who was ignoring him just as you did to give yuzuha attention.