#3 | My High Hopes, Are Getting Low

Start from the beginning

He puts on shorts and a loose t-shirt while grabbing some pair of random running shoes.

He peeked his head through his door, making sure he was alone. When he was sure, he stepped out, heading downstairs.

No one was downstairs. Considering it was three in the morning, it wasn't surprising.

He went outside, having a quick jog around the campus.

~♡~♡~

Aizawa made his way to the staff room.

Of course, Nedzu just had to call a meeting at 5 in the morning.

He hadn't been given the information as to why, all the staff was called, but he had his guesses.

Considering there is a hero conference coming up, and they were starting to believe the traitor could be one of the students, they've had to do ten times the work to keep it safe.

Flashback

"Traitor? One of the students?"

"Yes. I know you've grown close to these students, but you have to be prepared for anything. One of them, or maybe even a group, can lose your trust as fast as they gained it." Nedzu said, a serious expression on his face.

He knew he should keep his guard up, but the thought that one of his students, kids he had given his life for multiple times, could be the one putting them in danger in the first place, was heart-breaking.

He had cared about each and every one of his students. It was a bond Aizawa had never had with any of his previous classes. You could ask his husband, he made sure to tease Aizawa about it every chance he had.

So he had a hard time believing that one of them had been the one to endanger them over and over again, it sent a shiver down his spine.

Especially thinking about why the student would betray them.

What had they gone through?

Could it have been prevented?

So to say that the news affected Aizawa, was an understatement.

Because not only does he know the rest of his students may be in danger,

He knows that the traitor also used to be in danger, but was never saved.

"I'll make sure to keep an eye out," Aizawa said, through his closing throat.

Flashback Over

Aizawa sighed.

He'd racked his brain for every possible student that could be the traitor, none of them making sense.

Midoriya had been obsessed with heroes,

Bakugou Idolized them,

Todoroki's father was one,

And so on.

He supposes it could be a student from 1-B (and he'd never say this aloud, but he wishes it would be, to spare him the pain of finding out one of his students betrayed them).

And the fact that Aizawa wishes that makes him feel even more guilty.

He opened the door to the meeting room.

"Eraserhead. Good to see you."

"Vlad King." Aizawa nodded toward the hero.

He took his seat, the meeting starting.