"No, sir." I answered honestly. 

If the security cameras were broken and only my card was used, then he must not know that Marie was involved. 

"Are you sure? If you are dishonest, your punishment will be more severe." 

"I promise that whatever happened to the cameras did not involve me." I insisted. 

"We know who broke the cameras. He did not know that you planned to break into the school?" He asked for the third time. 

"No, sir." 

"Okay. Were you the only one involved in setting the ducks free in the school?"

"Yes, sir." I answered immediately. There was no way that I was snitching on my best friend. 

"Thank you for confessing. You broke more than school rules, Ms. Ludwig. You broke the law. You could be arrested for this." He said sternly. 

I'm going to die. Principal Wallace is going to press charges and I'll go to juvie. When I finally get out, I won't be able to get a job because no one will hire me. I'll end up having to sell crack or something. I'll end up back in prison and I'll get killed for not sharing my mashed potatoes. 

My eyes widened. I was about to start a horribly long ramble about why I can't be sent to juvie when Principal Wallace saved me from embarrassment. 

"I contacted the school board and we have decided not to press charges." I let out a breath of relief. "You have a bright future, and I'd hate to see it tampered with because of a stupid mistake."

"Thank you so much, sir!" I smiled at him.

"You will still be punished. Destruction of school property is three days suspension. As for everything else, you will volunteer for any school event that is lacking volunteers. I don't care if you can't draw, if the art club needs members, you will join. You will become a model student." It is an odd punishment, but I agreed anyway. 

"Collect your things from your locker and go home. Report back to school after three school days, today does not count." He ordered. 

Principal Wallace was the kind of educator that actually cared about his students. 

"Thank you, sir." I left his office. 

As I stepped out of the office, I bumped into Wall-e. 

"Tate." I said without emotion. 

"You!" He yelled at me. I refused to flinch. "Not only if it your fault that I was humiliated, I got bit by a freaking duck! A duck! I have to go to the hospital to get rabies shots! Do you know how painful that is?!" He was yelling at me. 

I sighed. I did feel bad. This had nothing to do with him and he got hurt. "Sorry." 

I don't have to like the guy to apologize when I'm wrong. 

"You can drive me to the hospital now." He glared.

"I don't have a car! Marie drives me."

"Then go get her keys because this is your fault." He gestured towards his arm. "You deal with it."

"Fine." I stomped to Marie's locker while Tate trailed behind me. 

I know Marie's locker combination. She knows mine as well. 

I grabbed her keys and sent her a quick text telling her that I took them. She owes me for taking the fall for her anyway.

I grabbed my backpack from my locker and we left the school.

The car ride was silent and awkward. 

When we finally made it to the hospital, he opened his door and stepped out. "I'll text Jackson to pick me up later." 

With only that, he started walking towards the entrance. Just as I was about to drive away, he called out my name. "Luna!" 

Was I about to get a 'Thank you'?

I rolled down the window. "Yeah?"

"I'm going to get you back. This is war." With that, he turned back around and this time, he didn't look back. 

I guess I'm not getting a 'thank you' then. 

____________________

Luna dodged a major bullet with her punishment, didn't she? 

Point out spelling/grammar/plot mistakes!

Edited 1/30/16

VOMMENT!

Anubis xx