25. The Girl With Green Eyes

Start from the beginning

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Just touch his cheeks. You only have a few minutes before he's stuck." She admitted, looking guilty.

"Stuck? What do you mean May?"

"Next time I'll tell you but you need to go now." She pulled her up, tugging her to the door urgently.

"May, I-"

For a small thing, she had lots of strength in her small frame as she pushed her to the hallway. Angelina found her footing and looked over shoulder to see that the girl had already gone. She heard the echo of the woman's cries, it chilled her blood, pulling her thoughts abruptly into the present.

She hastily descended the stairs, finding a few more new faces had joined the crowd, looking on with worry.

Tamsyn shook the boy's shoulder, coercing him to wake up. Her brows furrowed as she cupped his cheeks. A soft glow emanated from her palms but nothing happened.

The boy continued to sleep, lost to the world and his mother's sobs.

"He's growing cold." Mason noted, brushing a few fingers over the boy's temple.

"I-I don't know what's wrong with him." Tamsyn brushed her hands along his sides of his petite frame. Panic was slowly setting in across her soft features. "There's no external or internal injuries. It seems like he's stuck in his sleep."

"His heart rate is dropping." Mason had positioned his hand flat on the boy's chest, frowning.

The boy's mother shook her head, "No! Do something Tamsyn. Please!" She pleaded desperately. A few women in the Pack held her close, trying to ease the sobs that shook her body.

"He's not breathing." Someone yelled.

Angelina felt her legs move before her mind caught up. She kneeled beside Mason, feeling the damp grass cushion her knees.

"What the hell are you doing?" Irene appeared behind her. "Move away. This is an emergency!"

"Angelina." Mason regarded her with confusion. She couldn't blame him. She felt stupid barging in. "Now isn't the time to intercept yourself-"

"Then I'll be quick." Angelina raised her cold hands, touching it against Brett's cheeks. She wasn't entirely sure what she was supposed to do. May's instructions had been simple, too easy to apply. May could've been bluffing but the little girl had been too earnest to carry deception. Yet, Brett's response to her icy hands was immediate. His body lurched up as colour returned to his face, filling his cheeks with a pinkish hue. His eyes snapped open as he inhaled sharply. His chest enlarged, replenishing with air before he broke into a violent coughing fit.

Tamsyn immediately moved, planting her palms over his chest. His coughs softened into softer dry heaves. His mother rushed out from the arms that held her, pulling her son into her chest. "Thank the Moon Goddess!" She cried.

Brett blinked, still dazed. His eyes shifted to the crowd of Pack members surrounding them. His cheeks darkened to red as he hid his face into his mother's neck, probably overwhelmed by the attention on him.

Angelina slumped onto her ass, not caring the wet grass would probably leave a stain on her light peach shorts. She was relieved that it had worked.

"Bring him to the infirmary Nancy." Tamsyn helped the woman up. Nancy refused to release her son, keeping him close to her body.

"Thank the Goddess." Angelina sighed, pushing onto her knees then feet, dusting the bits of grass that stubbornly clung to her.