farewell, east blue!¹⁵

Start from the beginning

He was quick to stop you from escaping their little impromptu human wall, waving his arms to emphasize his point.

"You've beaten, not only my men, but me too! The top dog, the boss, the strongest," a bunch of cries with that one, but he was undeterred, "so why shouldn't you?"

You think, long and hard about his question.

Not really. It only took you about three seconds to answer him.

"I got all I need right now, so no thanks." You waved goodbye and walked off, thinking that it would end this whole thing and your answer would leave those questionable thugs satisfied.

...do you remember the part where you said your luck was bad these days? Yeah, that part.

"I guess it can't be helped..." You hear the Green Man muttering under his breath, before a feeling of pure unadulterated dread fills the bottom of your stomach.

"Get her, men!"

"Wait, what-"

And whoops, down you go in a pile of muscled tattooed arms and war cries from grown men who tackled a woman much, much shorter than them.

It was a sight to behold truly.

See, you could have avoided this no problem, easily, smoothly, but you were too busy when something else had caught your attention.

It was far off, almost on the other side of the town, deep within the alleyways but still somehow on top of the rooftops, above the sky. A sense of something, something akin to...

Unknowingly, you grinned against the rough pavement the thugs had rudely pushed you against, almost swatting away a body that landed in front of your face to get a better look across the street.

You . . .

"-sign here, please!"

A piece of paper was shoved into your face, as if the pavement wasn't enough of an assault for a day. You sighed heavily through your nose.

So much for getting a better look.

"What the hell is this?" You craned your neck awkwardly in the position you're in. Your body currently supporting several dozens of kilos of muscles and fat, and honestly, you're kind of having a bad day. You squinted.

It was a contract.

A goddamn literal contract that was made on the spot.

How could you tell that it was made on the spot?

Well, it comes in the form of one of the grunts still in the process of scribbling out a paragraph on the bottom. You and he stare at each other for a moment, before he nods and continues on his work.

"My name is Bartolomeo!" The Green Man states proudly as he points to himself. His gangmates all whooping and cheering faintly to not steal the spotlight away.

"And these," he points oh so hopefully to the work in progress contract, you nod towards the guy working on it, "are my terms and conditions. Since you asked so nicely."

"I didn't ask for shit." You say, and was woefully ignored.

"You can see here, at the top of the form," Cargoromeo almost ended up pushing away the writer when he squats to point at the contract, having received a dirty look, "my credentials and achievements."

You weighed your options. You could get away, wriggle yourself out of the dogpile, and run away to find the crew. Or you could stay and humor them for a quick second.

...We all know which one you picked.

"Read them out for me, please." Digging your elbow against the pavement, you leaned on your hand, genuinely interested in where things seemed to be heading. "I can't read it from here."