But, she wouldn't. She still had Aria.

Aria was what had kept her grounded, even when she felt like giving up. They were the reason for each other to stay sane. Their bond was unlike any other even with the age gap of 4 years.

Maybe Astrid was mature for a 14 year old or perhaps Aria was childish for an 18 year old.

The guards pushed Aria into the same cell as Astrid, making her fall on her side, and mutter incoherent words to herself.

The guards stood her up by grabbing her hands while he entered the cell with a sinister smirk on his face and mischief in his eyes.

The man was fucking sick.

"If it isn't Agent 1107, playing fucking hero again." He exclaimed while having a shit eating grin on his face.

He took out a bloody knife and twirled the knife in his hands. Astrid watched in horror as Aria had tears streaming down her face.

Aria was a kind soul and she had very kind heart. She couldn't even think of hurting a fly.

"Please don't do this... Please—" Astrid muttered trying to convince herself that he wasn't actually going to do anything. Astrid's heart was breaking into little pieces watching her sister cry.

"Tsk. Tsk. Agent, you should've thought that before failing me. Failing your country." He tuted as he stabbed Aria once in her ribs, while maintaining a smirk on his face.

He proceeded to grab Astrid's jaw, harshly forcing her to look at his pitch black eyes.

"It's your fault, she is going to die." His smirk now turning into a sick, full blown grin.

No..

No, it's not Astrid's fault..

It can't be...

...right?

He stabbed Aria again, the blood flowing freely down her ribs as tears formed in Astrid's eyes.

It was her fault, Aria's fighting for her life. If only, she had killed him.
But she couldn't. How could she? He was just a kid. He still had to see the world. She couldn't do it.

She's not that fucking low.

He was just a kid.

The guards let go of Aria as she fell to the ground, unable to hold herself anymore, as she softly smiled at Astrid, letting her know that it will be fine.

But no. Astrid wasn't going to believe her. Not this time.

"Free the agent. Let her see how it's her fault." He ordered the guards as they nodded, and gave both the girls sympathetic looks.

Every one from the agent hated him. His intentions might be right, but his methods were sick.

As soon as the guards clicked open the chains binding Astrid, she quickly ran over to her sister as Astrid picked her head up and placed Aria's head on her lap.

Aria used the last bit of her energy to place her hand on Astrid's cheek as she said,"I don't wanna die like this, Astrid. It hurts, make it stop Ash."

"I would've taken every bit of your pain, if I could, Ari." Astrid said as both the girls sobbed, in each other's comfort.

"A-Astrid, give these to them." Aria said as she pointed to her necklace and rings.