Journey 0-2 : Decision

Start from the beginning

"Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove the collar. Just like an ordinary cat." His dull gray eyes narrowed for a moment, a smirk tugged at the corners of his lips, showing how arrogant he was. Chryssa after seeing such an expression on his face couldn't help but wonder, what kind of person he was.

"W, What!? I'm not some pet!" Grim choked, feeling a bit of frustration dawned on his face.

"Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you. I'll take it off anyway when you get thrown out." The person under the name Riddle answered without thinking about the feelings of others; he spoke casually, saying what he could say.

"Wow, as wonderful as always. Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle. I want it... No. I wouldn't ever want that cast on me." If Chryssa were to recall it right, his name is Azul. However, she found him quite odd at the same time, and surely she wondered what kind of intentions he had up his sleeves.

"You must do something about this! It is familiar! Properly discip-"

"Fools, it was never mine to begin with." With her arms crossed, Chryssa answered without further ado. Her slightly harsh answer was solid, short, and clear enough to be digested in the brain. Taken aback by her curt-sounding answer, the headmaster cleared his throat before asking again.

"Eh? It's not yours?"

"What kind of presumption have you consumed? Do enlighten me." Chryssa responded calmly, her brows slightly raised and her body shifted to the side. She waited for an answer from the principal, but she only heard a sigh from the person next to her.

"Anyway, let's get it out of the school at any rate. We won't turn you into a stew. For I am gracious. Someone help, please." Yes, he just arbitrarily diverted the conversation as if the conversation never existed in the first place. Chryssa shook her head in disbelief.

At the same time, several people were making their way toward the less dangerous Grim. Holding his two small hands, they pulled him out with them. Chryssa watched him with her violet eyes, seeing how he was trying to escape their grasp. However, in the end, it was all wasted effort.

"Let me go! I'm going to, going to..."

"Become the greatest magician!"

And in that very second, the door closed once again. Allowing silence to eat up the figures of the new student and several others. Feeling the uneasy air of silence, Chryssa pretended to cough to at least get someone to speak. Even so, at least she had done something to break the deadly silence.

"We had a bit of trouble along the way, but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close. Dormitory heads, please show the new students back to the dormitories." Chryssa felt herself being pushed aside for some reason. Maybe because the mirror said that she didn't fit in any student dormitory? It seemed she was destined to be someone who was excluded.

"..Hm? Now that I think about it, I don't see the leader of Diasomnia, Mr. Draconia, around at all..." Tilting her head to the side, she slightly raised her eyebrows as a sign of curiosity. Draconia, huh? It seems that Chryssa missed the fact that this school has the potential for its own unique people.

"That's no different from usual, is it?" And the fact that nothing seemed to change at all made Chryssa feel a deep sense of empathy for him, who wasn't invited at all.

"Are? Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?" The man with red eyes and sunburnt skin asked with his arms crossed. He looked genuinely confused.

"If you're going to complain you should have done it yourself." The person standing next to him grumbled back at the man.