Sabrina's Complication

Start from the beginning

The dark dank walls around them grow smaller with every step they take deeper into the building. Only one thing can be heard, and that is their own footsteps. Who is he kidding? This may as well be Hawk Moth's lair.

It doesn't take long for Chloe to stop at a door, her lips trembling as her hand slowly reaches out to it. She hesitates for a split second, only to regain her courage and grasp onto the knob. Adrien watches in confusion, wondering why Chloe is so hesitant to show him Sabrina, but his answer is quickly answered the second she opens it.

There on the hospital bed, was Sabrina, but her eyes were smoky pink. The room is flooded with smoke while eerie twig-like sludge climbs on the walls. Both of her wrists, roughly chained against the poles of the bed, preventing her from moving any further. The sludge and smoke dance around the chains, circling over and over in a neverending loop.

Adrien's eyes grow so wide that they would put an owl to shame, while his jaw drops, completely paralyzed with what he's witnessing right in front of him. Even Plagg seems nervous of her appearance.

   Just her image seems to scar Adrien for life, but then, an alluring thought occurs in his mind. One that he didn't even dwell on until this moment.
    "Wait a minute. If an akuma got Sabrina, then why isn't there any high security watching over her?" Adrien asks Chloe, frowning in suspicion and confusion. "Wouldn't your father want to keep her from attacking anyone, and we just walked in without any problems,"

   "Of course he's got to have bodyguards and officers patrolling the area. This is Sabrina we're talking about. Her father would have been right by her side if he wasn't infected too!" Chloe huffs out at Adrien with her arms crossed. "All I know is that he's trying to contact Ladybug in private to deal with this issue,"

   "Then where are the police then Chloe?" Adrien asks her, quickly checking around only to see nobody else.

   "Uhh, it's obviously a donut break Adrien. If you don't know that then you haven't watched any cop movies,"

"Chloe, is that you?!" Sabrina chimes out in joy with hope filled eyes. "I knew you would come back!"

Silence fills the room as both Chloe and Adrien slowly turn their heads towards Sabrina'a akumatized body. Chloe watches her with fearful eyes, hating seeing her friend in this condition. Although Chloe would have hated it if he told anyone, Adrien can see her jaw tremble while her hands are clutched in a fist. The smoke pipes up in joy, moving in sync with Sabrina.

"I believe this is our time to leave," Adrien whispers to Chloe, but as he heads towards the door, he notices that she wouldn't budge. "Chloe?"

"It's obviously me," Chloe sighs out to Sabrina with her arms crossed. "Now get rid of that akuma already. This is getting beyond traumatic at this rate and I won't stand for it!"

"Join me Chloe," Sabrina calls out to Chloe while her the smoke begins swirling throughout the room. "Be like us, forever,"

   Chloe's eyes widen at her remark, pain and torment lurking within her pupils. Sabrina's voice continues to echo throughout the room while she coughs out, the purple smoke mimicking her movements.

    "Why are you sranding there?! We have to leave!" Chloe scoffs to him as she dashes out of the room, Adrien following behind.

    They both run out of the room while the smoke begins following them. Adrien slams the door shut, hoping it would stall it from reaching them, and continues running down the hallway. By the time they come across the exit, they are both slightly panting.

     "Why would my father keep hiding this?!" Chloe whines out to Adrien. "I can't let this be a secret anymore! We have to tell Ladybug, or someone that will help!"

    "Pretty sure Ladybug is our only option now," Adrien sighs out to Chloe. "Now we need to figure out how to contact her,"

All of a sudden, they both hear someone calling out in the hall. They turn around with wide eyes and see Nino, Ayla, and Marinette standing at the entrance.

       "What are you doing here?!" Chloe demanded from them while her eyes grow wide in shock. "It's not like this is a dive star hotel!"

     "Then why are you here Chloe?" Ayla asks her with a raised eyebrow.

    "Dude. When did you start hanging out in abandoned hospitals?" Nino questions Adrien with a confused look on his face. "Is this a thing teens do now?"

    "I thought we were going to hang out after school," Marinette says to Adrien with tears lurking in her eyes.

     "I know you guys are confused, but there are more important issues at the moment," Adrien worringly says to the whole group. "Sabrina is affected by an akuma and..."

     "There's an akuma here!" Marinette flips out with widened eyes, secretly glancing at her purse while making sure the others aren't looking.

     "I'll take a picture of it for my blog so Ladybug will know," Ayla instantly speaks out while preparing her phone.

    "Now's not the time to be taking pictures Ayla!" Nino freaks out as he gazes down the hall and grasps onto her hand. "We should get out of here before Sabrina catches us,"

"Guys, the akuma found us...." Marinette calls out to them pointing down the hall.

Everyone else looks towards where Marinette is pointing, and their eyes widen in fear. Smoke fills the hall and dances around them as a figure emerges with a grin on her face.

     "You shouldn't be leaving so soon," Akumatized Sabrina speaks so calmly yet so unsettling at the same time. "I haven't even introduced myself yet. My name is Violet Smog,"

(I know it's been 6 months since I've last uploaded, and I am sorry for it. I actually want to finish the fanfiction myself but have been busy with college and having writers blog. Hawkmoth's second plan took way longer to figure out. I'm trying to start writing in general again and hope to complete this story soon. Sorry for the wait.)