Hold Her Back!

Delilah pov.

I heard yelling from the living room.

"Dad?" I asked and sat up. He sat up too. I crawled off the bed and carefully balanced. I fell to the side.

Dad caught me before I fell. He handed my blanket to me. I wrapped it around myself and let him help me out the door.

We carefully walked down the hallway. I peeked around the corner.

"Baby? What's wr..." A girl with blonde hair was standing in front of me. She turned around.

"Oh shit..." Zi said as I looked at her.

Those mean eyes stared at me.

"Who are you?" I asked. The blanket fell off me and swirled around my body. Dad kept his hand around my shoulder.

"Oh, you must be the new wife. The one who replaced me huh." She said and started to walk to me.

All of a sudden, I felt like I needed to protect my baby. A sense I've never felt before.

My hands went up to keep her away.

"Leave me alone..." I whispered. She chuckled.

"You see, I can't do that..." She said and came at me. I ducked me kicked my leg out to trip her. It worked, making her tumble over.

But she didn't fall. I stood back up. Again, she came back at me. I covered my face as she took me down.

I grunted in pain as my head connected with the floor. Damon went to grab her but I held my hand up.

Immediately he stopped but stayed close. I kneed her in the stomach and threw her off me. I climbed on her body and threw a few punches to her face.

I tried to go as hard as aching body would let me. She grabbed my arm and twisted it.

I gasped out in pain. When she climbed on me, I cried out when she slammed her foot on my stomach.

Damon grabbed her by her hair and ripped her body off me. I rolled into my side and gasped for air. I curled my body into a ball.

Blood trickled out from my mouth. Dad came to kneel beside me. I wrapped my hands around his neck and sobbed.

"It hurts," I whispered. Pain ran through my stomach. It hurts so bad.

"Don't worry baby girl, I got you." Dad said and slowly lifted me up. I gasped and curled my fingers into his shoulder.

I could hear screaming. That girl screaming. As dad brought me outside, I watched from his back as Zi was beating her. Damon was following us. I reached to feel his soft cheek.

A slight stubble ran beneath my cold fingers. 

Dad swung the glass door open and walked out into the clean garden. Tears fell down my face as we finally got to the big magnolia tree.

I carefully got off him and sat on the grass.

I wiped my face. Who even was she?