Attack! Attack!

Delilah pov.

That's when I heard four gunshots.

My body bolted from the bed. It was about midnight. Damon jumped from the bed and grabbed the gun that was sitting by the nightstand.

What's happening? Not even six hours from Ma's death and there's already problems. I grabbed my gun from under the mattress and followed Damon close behind.

We quietly exited the room, pointing the gun either way. There was more gunshots followed by yelling. We looked at each other and walked quickly back to the room.

"Go out the back and follow the trail. Stick close and keep the gun pointed at all times. We trained for this." I nodded as he spoke. We crept into the closet and put on better clothes. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a hoodie while he grabbed sweatpants and a white shirt.

I opened the glass door and quietly ran out. This is so crazy... I though as I ran through the trail. All of a sudden, something wrapped around my ankle and my body was jerked up into the air. I was hanging by my foot. Blood began to rush to my head.

"Oh no... Damon..." I trailed off. He pointed his gun and looked around. This is bad. They knew we'd go this way.

I realized that I had dropped my gun when I flew up. "Damon pass my gun to me." I said. He nodded and bent down before tossing it up. I missed and it fell back to the ground. He tossed it again and I caught it.

How? I reached up. The rope was thicker and I expected. It definitely looks like something a knife would be used for. But I don't even have one. I'm a dumbass.

I heard yelling and footsteps. Damon looked at me before bolting into the trees. I saw as he hid.

"Well... What has the cat caught this time?" One of the men chuckled. I held my gun as I let my body go limp. My hoodie was falling, revealing my stomach and part of my bra.

"Get her down and let's go. This is all we need to lure our little pussy from his hiding place." There was five men. There's no way we can escape from this.

One of them tossed up a knife before throwing it at the rope. It sliced it and I came crashing down.

Right before I hit the ground, one of them caught me, taking us both to the ground. I groaned and lifted my head. A sharp pain ran through my arm.

One of the men pulled my body up by my hair. It didn't hurt.

"Oh Damon! Come out or she gets it!" I was forced to my knees. Blood seeped down my arm as chills went up my body. I couldn't see Damon but I can tell he has something planned.

I heard a click before something was shoved at the back of my head. My hands were tip-tied together. "This is your last chance! It won't be you inside of her pussy it'll be all five of us!" He yelled and grabbed me by my neck.

The fuck? I frowned and grabbed his wrist.

I flinched and tilted my head so my hair wasn't being yanked out of my head. My eyes slowly became frantic as I watched Damon surrender.

Shadows casted down on his face, revealing his clenched jaw. The gun was held up but his finger wasn't on the trigger. Damon's eyes met mine and his whole expression became emotionless.

"Good boy." One of them cooed.

My neck was let go before my body was pulled up. Someone curled a hand around my waist and pulled me to their chest. The gun was still pressed to my head. He has something planned. Something.

Damon tossed his gun down and got onto his knees. "Please. Just let her go..." He begged.

My eyes widened. What is he doing? This isn't the Damon I know. Cold. Heartless. Emotionless. But what I see is a scared man. Someone who's walls could break down at any moment. Someone who bottled things in for so long that it bursts at the most random moments.

"Damon, I haven't seen you like this. The key to get answers lies in our hands now. But knowing this, we might keep this little fella for a little bit. How about that?" My eyes widened. I felt no tears. Just anger.

They aren't taking me like this.

"John. Leave her alone. Take me instead. You can torture me. Cut off my tongue, and burn my body to the ground. But leave her. Delilah please. Just go..." He said. I could see fear swirling in his glowing eyes.

His black hair blowing in the wind. I was released before being kicked to the ground and my leg was grabbed. One of the men started to drag me through the dirt. I furiously kicked and jerked my body around.

"Let me go!" I slammed my foot into his shin.  I crawled away and ran through the woods. My hand were still tied together making it hard to run. I heard feet pounding against the ground as I sprinted as fast as I could. The fog on the ground had prevented me from being able to see.

I desperately tried to pull my hands from the ties on my wrists that had already cut my skin. I noticed a long lash on my arm that was leaking blood. I turned to see two men chasing me.

I pulled my hands apart and pushed them together. Blood leaked down my arms as my hands finally became free.

I ran full force before sliding on the ground and ran toward Damon. He was running to the side, further toward the woods. I knew exactly where he was going.

We both met up as the same tree that had our initials carved in with a heart. The same men were after me had caught up to us. They had knives but not guns. I was trying to catch my breath as they came closer.

"You didn't have to make this so hard." He said and got ready to throw the knife.

The knife soared throw the air just barely missing me as I dodged. We had gotten ready to fight as I lifted my hands into the air.