A Rainy Day

Delilah POV.

I slipped on a red dress and put on some high heels. Everything is perfect. This will be our two year anniversary of dating.

We planned on going to a fancy restaurant to celebrate. Dad and mom were at the bar which makes things even more better. They usually go when my shift is over so I don't have to talk to them.

As I finished, I walked into my bathroom and applied some mascara. I curled my hair and checked myself. I heard a slight knock on the front door. I cleaned up and rushed downstairs. When I got to the door I opened it.

Damon met me at the door. He had a single white rose in his hand. "Hey, you look beautiful." He said. I smiled, blushing. "Thanks and you too." He gently took my hand and kissed it.

My whole face turned red. He pulled me outside and to the truck. I got in and pulled the door closed. My heart was beating against my ribcage. He was in a suit. It couldn't have costed less and a thousand.

Damon got in and pulled out of the driveway and drove down the road. Music was playing softly in the background. "I can't believe it's been two years already." I said. He chuckled. "Yeah. Tonight is an important night." I nodded and looked around.

I saw the bar. My mom and dad were walking out. Drunk as hell. I turned my head and stared at Damon. He must have noticed and turned to me. "What's wrong?" He asked. I hesitated. "Nothing."

We pulled up into the parking space reserved for us. I opened the door and stepped out. The cool air nipped at my arms.

When I walked around, Damon met me at the back of the truck and grabbed my hand. We laced our fingers together and walked to the entrance. We came to the front desk.

"You must be Damon Hernandez. Come this way." The waiter said. She took us to a table around the middle of the place. Others were dancing to the music that was being played.

As we got to the table, Damon pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and let him push me in. He sat down and picked up a menu.

"Alright. Can I get you anything to drink?" I nodded and glanced at Damon before speaking. "I'd like two glasses of wine please." As she wrote it down I felt him put his hand on my thigh. Sure I've been with many guys but he feels so much different from everyone else.

Nobody had taken the time to deal with the past trauma that lasted for so long. Every man that I had dated had left me the second I told them that I wasn't ready. It takes time to find a man that wants to stay with me.

I just hope we last. Damon cleared his throat. I looked up at him. The waiter was looking at me. I picked up a menu and looked through it.

I looked for the most interesting thing and chose it. The waiter walked away and left us with the wine and ourselves. He picked up the wine before taking a sip. "So, any news on your grandma? I can take you to the hospital after word."

I quickly responded. "You don't have to." I said. Recently Ma had fallen and mom and dad refused to pay the bills. I knew I couldn't but I didn't want to ask others for money. All that makes me is a man user. Even though it's been a couple of weeks, Ma hasn't been able to recover as quickly.

I sipped on my wine. "No, it's okay. I can take you if you want. I don't really care, as long as it makes you happy." Damon said and smiled. I blushed and looked away. Casual conversations flew around the room as we continued. When the food came, I tried it.

It tasted pretty good. I felt comfortable. The night flew by really quickly. We had so much fun.

I held his hand as he walked out. I had called earlier that day to see if it was possible to come see her. The doctor said that I could but I couldn't bring anybody into the room.

It had started to sprinkle as we pulled up the the hospital. The rain started to get harder. We got out and jogged to the entrance. There was people sitting in chairs.

Many didn't look so good. We walked to the front desk and waited for the lady to recognize me. After a few seconds she responded. "Oh, Delilah! It's good to see you again. Mrs. Shella?" I nodded and stood and walked with her. Before I started walking, I turned to Damon. "I'll wait here for you." He said. I grasped his hands. "I'll be quick."

"It's okay. I'll wait for you. Take your time." Damon said. I smiled and hugged him before leaving. I followed the lady down the hall before being shown to a room.

Ma was reading a book. When she heard our footsteps, her head turned to me. Her face light up and she got out of bed. "De De! It's been so long. I missed you!" She wrapped her arms around me and cried into them.

"Ma. Its okay." I wrapped my arms around her. The lady left. I carefully pulled her to the bed and sat down. "I wanted to come see you. But I couldn't get mama or papa to come so me and Damon had came instead."

I wiped away a stray tear. "They aren't like they used to be you know," Ma started. "They always cared for me when something had went wrong. But when they started on the drugs, they slowly started to forget." She adjusted on the bed. I tucked her in and sat by the end. "I want you to know that I love you. And even though times are rough right now, we are going to get through this together." I said and sniffled.

I wiped a tear from my face. I just hoped that I can keep my word.

----------------------------------------------------

Boom! I just wrote the first chapter! For the first time I'm going to write a interesting book. Message me if you want more ideas for me to write.

I basically write all types of books. Like and comment!!!

°°°

I'll be editing the beginning chapters for newer viewers because when I reread this, I see so many mistakes.