Guess Whose Back

I laid down dramatically on the main halls bench, groaning in annoyance as Chase walked up, looking down at me with confusion. "What are you doing?"

"Wallowing in my sorrows as I await for my inevitable demise." I sighed, Chase sitting down next to me as I scooted up, resting my head in his lap.

"And why are you wallowing?" He smiled as I looked up at him.

"Because Leo is mad at me that I won't listen to him about Marcus so he's been avoiding me all week. He didn't even thank me when I saved him from one of Trent's atomic wedgies." I frowned as Chase patted my head, running his fingers through my hair.

"He'll get over it eventually. Besides, Marcus apologized to Leo for lying, there's no reason he should be mad at you now." Chase reminded as I blew a hair out of my face.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Oh! Maybe I could take Leo on a trip. Y'know to Disneyland or something. He loves Disneyland so much. I bet if I took him there he'd-" suddenly I landed with a thud, blue skies blinding me as I squinted, standing up quickly.

"Chase?" I said with so much confusion, looking around before slowly turning to see Disneyland in all of its glory.

"What. The. Fuck."

Chase's POV

I stared at my lap with wide eyes. Just a moment ago, Vanessa was there, talking about trying to make it up to Leo. And then she just disappeared in a cloud of black dust.

"What the hell?!" I said and shot up as Adam, Bree and Leo walked over.

"Chase. Why does it look like you saw a ghost?" Bree asked as I looked at them.

"Vanessa just... vanished." I said as they all chuckled.

"What?" Adam asked, clearly not believing what I was telling them.

"It's just like what happened at the beach. She was talking about taking Leo to Disneyland to make up for not believing him about Marcus, and then she just vanished." I explained as everyone's happy faces turned to confusion and fear.

"What do she just:.. went up in a cloud of dust?" Leo asked as I nodded.

"Basically." I said before Vanessa reappeared next to me, Adam, Bree, Leo and I yelling.

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" Leo yelled and pointed at her like she was a witch as Vanessa shrugged in complete confusion.

"I don't know! I was talking about Disneyland, then all of a sudden I was at Disneyland! So I started talking about Chase and the school.. and now I'm here." She explained as I frowned at her.

"We have to tell Mr. Davenport about this. This is the second time this has happened. The next time could be fatal." I said as Vanessa pondered the idea before she shook her head

Vanessa's POV

I couldn't tell Davenport about this. I would tell him once I learned how to control this. "Vanessa we have to. If this is a glitch-"

"Then Mr. Davenport won't let me go to school anymore." I interrupted Chase as I sighed. "Look, until I have figured out how to control whatever this glitch is... I don't want Davenport to find out. And don't. Tell him." I ordered, looking at everyone as they all nodded.

I sighed and walked into the cafeteria, sitting down as Trent sat next to me. "Not now, Trent." I grumbled as he pouted.

"Aw you think you have a choice not talking to me." He grinned as I sat back in my seat, rolling my eyes. "Aright, I got a lot of shit to do, so I'm gonna need you to do my homework for the next few days." He demanded as I scoffed.