The Bionic Quartet

There was a flash of light before it disappeared. It felt like I was having deja vu. The blinding light, someone standing over me.

But this time, multiple people were standing over me. I let out a soft groan, squinting as I held back a small cry of pain.

"Guys! She's awake again!" Chase yelled as I heard stammering feet.

"What happened..?" I muttered. Why did my neck hurt so much?

"Vanessa can you hear me?" Mr. Davenport asked as I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"No. I'm completely deaf and went blind." I snapped,  hissing in pain as I rubbed the back of my neck, Adam gasping.

"Oh no guys! This is awful! Well, at least she won't have to hear or see Chase again." Adam joked as we all gave him a disappointed look.

"Why does it feel like my neck is on fire?" I asked as everyone shared nervous looks.

"When you were walking through my warehouse,  Adam, Bree and Chase were on a mission to stop the  chemicals from exploding because one of my workers bumped into one of the barrels. You were at the wrong place at the wrong time. One of the barrels exploded and caused the warehouse to collapse on top of you." Mr. Davenport explained as I frowned.

"So.. how am I not dead?" I asked, a hint of worry in my voice.

"When I created Adam, Bree and Chase's bionics, I created a fourth chip that I could use if one of their chips were to be destroyed. I used it to save your life." He said as I rubbed my neck again.

"Wait.. that means that-"

"You're bionic, Vanessa." Mr. Davenport cut in with a small smile as I stared at Adam Bree and Chase.

"You... you let him make me bionic?!" I snapped as they all flinched.

"Vanessa... If he didn't then you would have died. Or been paralyzed for the rest of your life." Chase said as I shook my head.

"I don't... I don't even know the first thing about bionics. How they're made, how to activate them..." I said and stood up too quickly, my knees buckling as Chase quickly came to the rescue, helping me sit down.

"What are my bionics? So I at least know what to avoid for the next few days." I wondered as everyone looked at each other.

"Y'know I have to go invent something that's gonna blow up." Mr. Davenport said as Adam and Bree started making excuses.

"WAIT?! You guys don't know what my bionics are?!" I yelled as Mr. Davenport turned to face me, Adam and Bree quickly walking out.

"Look I'm sorry, Ness. But it's been so long that I've even looked at the chip that I don't remember what's in it." Me. Davenport said before he walked out.

I leaned back in my chair as. Base sat down next to me, a sad look on his face. "I can't believe this. I'm bionic and I don't even know my abilities!" I complained as Chase's head perked up.

"We could scan your chip and find out." Chase suggested as I smiled and nodded, the two of us walking over to the cyber desk. I grabbed a strange device, placing it to the back of my neck. I felt a small tingle before he rose the cyber desk up.

"Jesus Christ... this is the most powered chip I've seen." Chase said as I leaned forward to see.

"Well? What do I have?" I asked since Chase was blocking my view.

"It looks like you have super intelligent, super-durability, mental-link, super agility, force field, electrokinesis..." Chase trailed off as his eyes landed on another one. I frowned, scooting him over so I could read.

Commando App: disengaged

"I have the commando app?" I gasped out as Chase only grinned.

"This is perfect! I can finally see what it's like when I have the-"

"OH NO! I am not going to be your cute little lab rat! If you purposely activate my commando app, Chase I swear to God that I will use... Spikette to rip out your tail bone and stick it to your forehead like a human unicorn." I threatened as he jumped back, throwing his hands up in defense.

"Okay! Okay I won't use you as a lab rat to see Spikette in action." Chase said as I nodded slowly.

"Good." I finished as Chase's head perked up again, his idea face appearing.

"You and I share the same abilities. I mean, you have way more abilities than any of us, but I could teach you how to use the ones I have." Chase suggested as I nodded.

"Alright. I could use all the training I need now that I'm bionic." I said before Chase suddenly became very awkward. I frowned, tilting my head. "What's wrong?"

"I Uh... I need to apologize about this morning, with the kiss-"

"Kiss? What- what kiss?" I asked. I was genuinely confused what he was talking about. I couldn't remember anything that had happened today.

"You uh... you don't remember?" He asked as I nodded in agreement.

"Yep. I can't remember anything that happened today." I said as Chase suddenly looked nervous.

"Well. Forget I said anything!" He smiled quickly walking away as I frowned.

"Chase! What am I forgetting?" I questioned as he sighed, walking back over.

"This morning... I was upset about getting an A- on my progress report that you suggested I signed up for Student of the Semester. I Uh- I got so excited that I kissed your cheek..." He said bashfully as I chuckled.

"Really? Maybe if you did it again I would remember?" I said as Chase sucked in a terrified breath, smiling nervously. "What you scared to do it now?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No! I'm ugh... not scared at all." He laughed. I leaned closer to Chase, turning my face so he could kiss my cheek. Chase hesitated, slowly leaning forward.

At the last second I turned my head, my lips connecting to his. Chase yelped, jumping back and grabbed his chest as if he was having a heart attack. I let out a laugh, walking over to Chase and kissing his cheek.

"Goodnight, Chase." I smirked, leaning closer to his ear. "I'll see you for training tomorrow." I whispered and quickly walked out of the lab. I heard a thud, turning back to see Chase on the ground.

Well, there's that.