Chapter 14:Date Night

Y/N's POV

me and Lani have a date tonight, and i don't know why, but i'm so nervous. it's like i just met her for the first time again. damn, those mfs did not lie about that feeling. anyway, i don't know what to wear.

that same feeling as the first time we went on a date. "will she like this?" "do i look too boring?" "should i change?" all that. but it's okay cause it's Lani. i know her. she wouldn't care how i looked. i could be freshly woken up and she would still think i'm the most beautiful person she's ever seen, i love her for that. she makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the room at all times.

i've already taken a shower and done my makeup, i just need to figure out what to wear. oouuu i know exactly what to wear.

i grab a long sleeved, long silky black dress out of my closet and look at it. this is the one. i grab a pair of black Chris Louboutin's and get ready. i reached in my closet for a little purse so i can carry my lipgloss, phone, and wallet.

i take pictures as usual and post it on instagram.

"going on a date, kinda nervous🧍🏽‍♀️"

i hear a knock on the door and me assuming it's Lani goes to open it.

"Shay? what the FUCK are you doing here?" i can't believe this is happening right now.

"i can't come by? since when?" she said

"since we broke up, you treated me like shit the entire time, you don't understand how much damage you did to me." i try not to tear up.

"it's been 2 years, a person can change, baby." she started walking closer towards me.

"i don't care if you're 'changed', i still see that girl who treated me like shit for 3 years in front of me. i have a new girlfriend now. one who makes me feel like i'm the most beautiful person in the world, who respects me and takes care of me. who listens to me when i need someone to talk to. she treats me how someone is supposed to be treated, not like you where you tore me down so much that i had to learn who i was again. i've been doing so much better without you. i know you've heard. now back the fuck up and leave." i say

"but y/n

i slammed the door in her face and finished getting ready.

i hear yelling outside so i go out to see.

"WHAT THE FUCK SHAY, CAN YOU LISTEN FOR ONCE? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! DON'T TRY TO COME BACK, DON'T TRY TO CALL, TEXT, OR SEND ANYTHING TO ME! WE'VE BEEN DONE FOR YEARS AND NOW YOU WANNA COME AROUND WHEN I'M FINALLY HAPPY. I'M FINALLY NOT BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT, I'M BEING TREATED LIKE A QUEEN AND YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT. OH FUCKING WELL, MAYBE YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO TREAT SOMEONE WITH LOVE AND RESPECT LIKE LANI DOES INSTEAD OF MAKING THEM FEEL LIKE THE UGLIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD. GO HOME AND DON'T FUCKING COME BACK!" i go back in my house, slam my door, and break down.

the amount of pain, heart break, sadness that girl caused me is unreal. from the day we broke up, i've never wanted to see her again. let alone the fact that she made me feel like shit, she lied all the time. "that's a friend." "i was with my boys." "i'm going to the mall." all bullshit. all i ever wanted in my life was for someone to love me for me, and that's why i have Lani. she doesn't care about my flaws, or if i'm going through it, she'll always be there for me and that's why i love her.

i hear the door opening and hear footsteps approach me.

"are you okay, ma?" it was Lani.

i look up at her and start crying even more. she pulls me into her chest.