"Alright!" Teddy agreed.
"Gordie?"
"Sure." Gordie agreed.
"North?"
"Yeah man!" I said, nudging him in the arm, making him smile at me.
"Vern?"

Vern didn't look as convinced as we did, "I don't know." He said, all discouraged again.
So we all tried to convince him,
"Vern!"
"Come on, Verno!"
"Vern!"
"Vern!!" Chris said, as him and Teddy went over grabbing his cheeks and putting him in a head lock.
"Cmon Verno!" I said, from behind the guys next to Gordie.

"Alright" Vern said, finally caving in. Well all yelled in excitement. I looked over at Gordie, he didn't look as excited and hyped as us. Chris told me about what happened to his brother and about his family, poor Gordie.

I sent him a smile, he returned it. We decided we were gonna meet up on our way to the train tracks. Everyone parted ways except me and Chris.

"Hey" he said, jogging up beside me. "Hi?" I giggled. "Mind if I walk you home, like I used to" he said, spinning on his heals and walking backwards, facing me.

I giggled, "I don't know Chris, my dad-" he cut me off. "I don't care, I'll walk you to get your stuff and then we can go to my house, get my stuff and walk to the tracks" he said, spinning back around.

I shook my head, "today's a day for great plans" I said, smiling at him. He smiled back as we continued walking.

Chris's pov:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit nervous to go to North's house again. Her dad never liked me, her mom did though so I was always welcome. Nor never really told us why she moved back. She just said some shit went down and boom, now she's back.

We were walking to her house, she was kicking rocks with her shoe, "hey mind me asking what happened?" I said, making her look up at me.

"What do you mean" she said, confused. "Like why you came back" I said.
She shrugged, "can I tell you later? I don't really wanna ruin the day" she said, running her fingers though her hair.

She does that when she's nervous or when she's lying or uncomfortable. I don't know but when she does that, something is up.

"Yeah sure, you can trust me" I said, smiling down at her. She smiled, "I know I can Chambers... race y'a the rest of the way?" She winked. I haven't raced her in 2 years, wonder if she's faster. "You're going down Jones" I said, taking off running before her.

"Oh you piece of shit cheater!!" I heard her yell, taking off after me. I thought I had this in the bag when I seen her coming up from behind me, "looking good Chambers" she winked, passing me and flipping me off.

I shook my head and ran after her. We made it to her house, she was about to touch the tree which means she would of won. So I grabbed her wrist, spinning her back towards me.

She had her hands on my arms and mine were on her waist, we locked eyes. I swear she had stars in her eyes, surrounded by forest of green. I could stare into them all day.

"Hey Chambers" she said, like she was gonna tell me something. "What?" I said, snapping out of it. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and I froze in place. "I win" she said, smirking at me as she pulled away and touched the tree.

I snapped out of it... again, "That... that's not fair" I said, pointing at her. "Neither was that" she said crossing her arms, referring to how I stopped her.

I shook my head as we walked closer to the door, "hey, can you go to my window instead" she said, taking her hand off the door knob. "Yeah sure" I said, backing up and heading to her window. I didn't think anything of it though, I've snuck into her window before.

I saw her open her window, I climbed in. "Sorry, my dad isn't even here" she giggled. "What about your mom?" I said, climbing though, falling on the floor. She laughed at me, helping me up then dropping her laugh into an awkward giggle, "yeah no, she's ugh not here either" she said, running her fingers through her hair again.

Her room looked the same but had different decor, it was cool actually. Her room was way bigger then mine. "Alright lemme just get some stuff" she said, opening her closest to reveal a bunch of clothes and stuff on shelves. She was always organized, unlike the rest of us. Maybe Gordie but that's it.

"You have a lot of stuff" I said, looking around her room. "Yeah, it's problem" she said, chuckling as she grabbed a sleeping bag. I chuckled back.

"Damn it, Chris can you get my canteen. You're a bit taller then me" she said, reaching for her canteen back can't quite grab it. I laughed, "yeah" I reached up and barely grabbing it, I am taller then her but not by much.

"Thanks" she said, smiling at me. I smiled back, god I missed that girls smile. "Okay, I think I have everything. Shall we go to your house" she said, putting an accent on the end. We both laughed, "yeah, let's go" I said, as we walked to the door, she wrote a note for her dad.

North's pov:

We went to Chris's house to get his stuff, his dad doesn't like me either so he asked me to go around too. I climbed into his window, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. His window was higher off the ground.

His room looks the same, but it's still cool. I watched him get stuff from his room and closet. "Okay, I just need to go grab something real quick, don't move" he said, opening his door.

"Wasn't planning too" I said smirking at him as he shit the door smiling. I waited a couple minutes, I wonder what he's getting.

He opened the door and put something in his sleeping bag before I could see it. "Okay cmon, let's go" he said, throwing his stuff out the window. He jumped out first, stumbling a bit.

I giggled and went out feet first. I jumped down, Chris sorta caught me by my waist so I would land on the ground as hard as he did. "Thanks Chambers" I said, smiling at him and winking.

He smiled at me then grabbed my hand and we both started running. We ended up catching a ride on the back of this guys truck.