14. Epilogue

A/N: This is not so much an epilogue as it is what I wanted to turn into the sequel back in the day. Obviously, that never happened. My interests flipped to Schlatt & Co, and you know the rest (*cough* They Call Me *cough*). Anyway, I originally only had about two paragraphs, but I took the liberty of expanding the idea out into something akin to a teaser trailer. I came up with the idea aro

It is not teasing anything, I am not pursuing this idea any further. (Maybe. Probably. You never know.) But I thought it was cute and worth sharing, so without further ado, I give you, (working title) You're tearing me apaRT, LISA!

It had been only a few months, but those few months were the best that George had in a long time. Sure, there had been arguments, but every relationship has those. Hindsight was 20/20 and George found himself looking back on his actions and laughing. How insecure, how frivolous it was for him to be such a—

Will was going on a month-long holiday.

With Stephen.

No, no, no. He was over this (right?). Jealousy is toxic (right??). If he lets this get to him, well, let's just say that instead of the sequel, this'll just end up being the cheap rehash. He wasn't about to let this become a cheap rehash.

So he let him go. Not like he couldn't, he had no control over Will, they were each their own person. Will promised to keep him updated and George just pretended that he was thankful to get him out of the place for a bit. The two laughed about it, and before he could comprehend what was happening, he was seeing Will off at the airport.

Just like that. Back to square one. He caught the train back to their flat and hoped that Alex, James, Fraser, and Josh would have enough hijinks up their sleeves to last a month.

A whole month.

Alex was out somewhere, Spain, was it? He'd up and left with James just... because he could. Something about his insanely high salary. Fraser had gotten an adorable dog, and George spent the day with them. But that was one day out of 30. Oh well, 29 to go.

That left Josh. The guy pretty much did nothing but play Fortnite. But he was one of George's best friends. So, out of options, he called him up.

"George?"

"You sound surprised," George raised an eyebrow, "Miss me?"

"Please, as if." Josh scoffed. "What happened now?"

"Happened? Nothing happened!" George said, a little too quickly."

"Come on, you only call me when something happens. What was it this time, Will beat you in FIFA again? Did you two get in a little spat?"

"I can't just call my best friend to talk? Maybe to hang out?"

"Not when you haven't done so in months! Seriously, I'm not your personal therapist!"

"If you have to know, Will's gone on holiday."

"And you...?"

"I was not invited," George grumbled. "He went with Stephen and their friends from up north."

"Awww, poor baby." Josh teased, "Need Joshy-woshy to come make it all better?"

"Only if you never, ever call yourself that ever again."