Half-Good, Half-Bad Half-Boy

Start from the beginning

"Leo, your mom said you played the clarinet for three weeks until you swallowed the reed." He reminded as Leo glared at him.

"I passed it." He snapped as I shrugged and looked at the guitar, placing my fingers on the strings. I tapped a few of them to try and relight my muscle memory before playing an old song my dad had taught me.

"Woah. I thought you said you haven't played in years!?" Marcus gawked as I shrugged and handed him the guitar back.

"Muscle memory, I'm assuming. I was always better with acoustic, though." I said as Marcus turned to Chase.

"What about you, Chase? Have you ever played?" He asked as Chase shook his head.

"No. But I've always wanted to." He said as Marcus handed him the guitar to try out. I noticed him scan it before he started playing at an expert level, jumping off the bench and getting to the floor. He stopped after a moment and shot yo in embarrassment, handing the guitar to an awe-struck Marcus.

"What do you know? ... beginners luck."

"So me and my dad moved around a lot. I was homeschooled for most of my life." Marcus explained as Adam smiled.

"No way! So we're we! We are so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?." Adam asked as Marcus raised a brow.

"Anyways... That's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus." Chase complimented.

"Yeah, and you two are naturals! Guys! We should start a band!" Marcus suggested as I nodded in a delightful agreement.

"That's a great idea, Marcus! I've always wanted to be in a band." I beamed as Adam started tapping his sticks on the table.

"But what would I play? Oh, I got it! No, I don't got it." Adam said with a puzzled look, scratching his back with the stick.

"I think you're gonna be our drummer, Adam." Marcus said as Adam hummed.

"Hmm interesting choice. I had been pondering the French horn." Adam said, my eyes widening.

"Take it in, boys. This is the only time we will ever hear Adam use the word 'pondering.'" I joked as Marcus raised a brow, taking out a red marker.

"Anyways Dottie- okay stop drawing dots on my arm for the moment." Chase demanded as I pulled away from his arm, revealing the several dots and smiley faces I had draw in red marker.

"Ahhh that's why you call her Dottie. Makes sense now." Marcus said as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Anyways, you can come up with a band name and design." Chase continued as I nodded.

"I can do that. I did ace my last art project." I joked. Leo walked over, sitting down next to Marcus.

"Hey, Leo, guess what? Vanessa, Marcus and Adam and I are forming a band." Chase grinned as Leo frowned.

"Well, you guys just met. Don't you think it's a little soon?" He asked, Chase and I scoffing.

"A little soon for what? Taking the deeply committed step of jamming together?" He questioned while I started making sketches of our band logo.

"Now if we could just find someplace to practice. I live in a pretty small place, so..." Marcus trailed off. I took a sip of my soda as Adam started to talk

"Oh, no. I know a place. The lab." He smiled as my eyes widened and did a spit-take. Adam choked up as he realized what he said, taking a moment to try and come up with a blatant lie. "Oh! L-Labrador Retriever Park. Yeah, the dog park. Nice acoustics. Plus, they have dogs. Saved it." He sang as I glared at him, remembering the threat I gave him a few days ago about those two words.