Chapter Thirteen: Gather

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Who are they?" you ask, voice small.

"Some of the other nobles from around these parts," is all you get in response, her voice despondent.

"Is that who Mother Miranda is?" you press.

Alcina pauses a little, before responding.

"Yes, in a sense. She will be hosting the meeting. She is the one who wishes to speak with you."

You tip your head back as Alcina begins to rinse your hair out, making copious soap suds disperse over the surface of the water like sea foam.

"Am I in trouble, my lady?" you cannot help but ask.

She finishes rinsing your hair before gently guiding you to look back at her. Her face seems to host a melancholic shadow, thinly veiled by a soft smile.

"No, pet. But you need to be perfect for me tonight. You must do exactly as I say, is that understood?"

"Yes, my lady." you manage, your voice tinged with nervousness now.

She smiles at you a little more fully now and nods.

"Good girl. I don't want to have to punish you, so you need to be on your best behaviour."

You nod, a little hesitantly.

"Good. Now, kiss me," she purrs, warmth returning to her voice.

You lean forward, allowing your lips to meet. Hers are so soft, so inviting. It was a reminder of why you wanted to please her, what you stood to gain from being her good, obedient pet.

Plus, there was always the added incentive of not spending another few days down in the dungeon - or worse, from the sounds of it.

She leaves you to finish bathing and when you enter the bedchamber again you find that she is gone - most likely busying herself with errands before the gathering tonight. You bite your lip, feeling butterflies in your stomach at the thought of it. It wasn't that you had much of a reason to be nervous - you didn't know Mother Miranda, or any of the other nobles and you suppose that as of yet, you had no reason to be fearful of them.

It was Alcina's reluctance - her hesitation and insistence that made a small alarm bell ring in the back of your mind. You were so used to the self possessed, assertive, controlled Alcina, that it was jarring to see her appear unsure, even if it was only slightly.

You dress in a black, full-length gown made of a thick, velvet-like material. It dips along your cleavage, displaying your neck and shoulders as you put your hair up.

You turn as the door to the bedchamber opens again. It's Alcina, dipping down gracefully before rising to full height again to look at you. Her yellow eyes dance with a strange twinkle when she gazes at you, taking you in.

"Oh, you do look quite lovely, pet. Black is very fetching on you."

You blush, looking away. Compliments were still tricky for you.

"Thank you, my lady."

Alcina's eyes linger on you for a a little longer, contemplatively. Then, with a smile, she crosses the room towards you.

"Come, sit by the writing desk. I have one more thing for you that will tie it all together," she directs, putting a hand on your arm as she guides you to sit.

She disappears into the en suite for a moment before returning with a small zipped bag. Your mind races as to what could be inside of it and you immediately wonder if it's another special kind of toy, such as the one she had unearthed from the drawer last night.