Evening Dance

(Nagihiko's POV)
We ate dinner and had conversations but my mind was elsewhere. I thought of Amu-chan and Tadase. I thought of them together. Together in the morning and the evening. Together on vacations and late into the evening.
I prepared myself to deal with that. I didn't honestly think he felt that way about her. But lately he was behaving oddly. I would be grateful to be going on tour after this year. I wouldn't have to watch my best friend and the boy I loved more than anything get closer and closer. That was good.
"Nadeshiko? Are you still going to dance for your guest?" My mother asked. I blinked and snapped out of my thoughts.
"Yes, mother. Give me a moment." I smiled at Amu, leaving the room to change into a kimono. I sighed heavily. Kimonos we're beautiful but so much work... I picked up a light purple kimono along with a white under kimono. I hummed a Hip Hop song under my breath. I shook my head and shifted to a traditional tune. I let my hair fall over my shoulders before tying it up with a ribbon.
I picked up a matching purple fan before walking back into the living room. I took a deep breath before dancing elegantly to the steps I knew in my sleep. I finished and Amy stared in awe before clapping. I smiled mildly even though I wanted to beam at her.
"Nadeshiko, that was amazing! I wish I was that elegant."
I tilted my head. "You're lovely just the way you are."
"I bet Tadase likes elegant girls." She pouted. My heart rate picked up. But I frowned.
"I could teach you." I prevented my voice from cracking.
"Really! That would be amazing!"
"Next weekend, maybe?"
"That would be nice." She smiled.
"Alright girls, time for bed." My mother said. I smiled, nodding my head.
"I'll change in my room and get you when I'm done. Feel free to change in the bathroom." I said. She nodded and I changed quickly. I sighed, it's not like I could keep up this charade forever anyway. In high school, everyone will start going through puberty and it will become incredibly apparent that I am not a girl but merely a crossdresser.
Of course, I would be leaving for Europe far before that would happen. I shook my head before retrieving Amu. We laid down next to each other on my bedroom floor.
"Your home is so pretty." Amu said.
I giggled. "Why, thank you. It's certainly traditional anyway."
"It feels like one of those fantasy-romance animes."
I smiled. "I'm glad it pleases you."
"Do other girls avoid you?" She asked, hugging a pillow.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Not really, why?"
"They avoid me. It's like they're scared of me. I just thought, since you're so pretty, they might be intimated."
I laughed. "Perhaps you could try making conversation with someone. It still may not help but it would at least be a step in the right direction."
She nodded. "Thanks, Nadeshiko. You're so good at making friends..."
I giggled. "Regardless, you're an amazing person. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
Amu smiled and her cheeks got a bit pink. "You're so nice."
"Thanks! I suppose we should sleep."
"Yeah. Do you have a crush on anyone?"
I froze and pretended to be asleep. "Nadeshiko? Nadeshiko?! Oh, I guess she's asleep."

Not the best story part ever but hey, it exists. Wanted to do something for his birthday yesterday.