He glances at me and raises an eyebrow.

"About?" He asks.

"Your job."

He hums and runs a hand through his hair.

"Shoot." He says.

"How many people have you killed?" I ask bluntly.

His eyes widen at my words and then clears his throat.

"Uh, I'm not sure." He says rubbing his jaw.

I look at him wide-eyed before looking back towards the road.

"Moving on..."

He nods his head agreeing and I laugh.

"How did you get the job?" I ask him.

He sighs and looks away from me.

"Both of our parents were involved in this life. Uncle Ren and Aunt Helena had gotten me into it as soon as our parents died. They had filled me in on everything our parents were involved in, meaning the Mafia and their actual jobs.

"I thought my parents were doctors?" I mumble to myself.

"And mine were supposed to be lawers." He shrugged and then laughed.

"Crazy how much you don't know about your own family."

I giggled and nodded my head in agreement.

"It all makes sense now," I whispered looking out the window.

"No wonder why we were around each other all the time as kids."

I nod my head in agreement.

"How are you so calm about all of this?" He asks curiously.

I shrug and respond.

"Trauma?" I say.

He snorts and grins.

"Us both." He states and holds his fist towards me.

I bump my fist with his and lean back into the seat.

30 long minutes later we had finally made it to the Romano's, and let me tell you the house was literally the definition of 'I'm rich and you're poor.'

"Shít." I mumble looking up at the large home as we drive through the high built gates.

Four, tall guards stood in front of the massive house or mansion, and were guarding it with massive guns strapped to their sides.

After Tyson parked the car, we had gotten out and walked towards the front doors.

"Invitation?" The guard in front of the glass door asks gruffly.

Tyson gave it to him, the man's cold eyes ran over the invitation thoroughly before nodding and opening the doors for us.

I looped my arm through Tyson's and walked in with him.

My eyes glinted in amazement as I looked at the room around us.

A glistening chandelier hung from the ceiling, elegant men and women surrounded the lit up room as they stood around talking, drinking or observing.

I had an instant sense of Deja Vu flooding me from the last event we went to.

Only this time it wasn't my aunts.

Tyson walked us over to a group of men and whom some of them I recognised, one of them being Kian Mattias, Tyson's best friend.

I smiled at Kian as he looked up from his shoes and made eye contact with me.

He smiled back widely and opened his arms.

I hugged him and then pulled away turning towards the others.

"Good to see you sunshine." He says keeping his hand on my back.

"You too." I reply smiling.

Tyson began talking to the other men while my eyes scanned the room unknowingly looking for one particular person.

And in an instant, he was spotted.

Amongst the suited men he stood out the most, having the eyes of everyone casted on him unwarily.

His facade was the total opposite of last night.

His angelic face was cold and completely void of emotion as he stood with the men.

His body was held completely tense and guarded as he gulped the dark liquid down his throat.

His eyes that were a mix of grey and blue were nothing but empty and blank.

Angel's walls were up completely and it only took me now to realise that he seemed to only let them down with me.

When he's around me he doesn't show anything, though I can always see the small glint in his eyes when he looked at me and it told me that he was somewhat not as heartless as everyone made him out to be.

He looked fairly intimidating and scary, though it didn't change the fact that he was drop-dead gorgeous, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to notice this as women around the room eyed him hungrily.

His eyes caught me from across the room, and my heart stopped for a millisecond.

They scanned my body thoroughly, never lingering anywhere for too long and then made their way back to my eyes.

He licked his lips and turned his attention back to the men.

Tyson tapped my shoulder and I walked with him towards wherever we were going.

He pulled me towards some seats that were displayed in the corner of the room.

"Wait here, I have to talk to some people, I'll be back soon." He tells me before kissing my forehead and turning away.

I sigh and sit down on a love seat chair.

A server comes up to me and offers me a glass of champagne to which I gladly take.

I sip on the sweet but bitter drink and look around the area.

I feel someone's presence near me and I tense uncontrollably.

A man in a black suit stood in front of me, he was quite large, his tall figure stood at about 6'3.

His defined muscles bulged out of the blazer he was wearing and his black hair was slicked back neatly.

His eyes were the mix of a deep blue, which I recognised as someone else's though I couldn't pinpoint who.

His intimidating gaze reminded me of someone, and then it clicked.

Carlos Romano.

The big, bad Italian/British Mafia boss.

The cold, heartless, and deceiving killer of our small town and wide country.

But most of all, The father of Angel Romano.