ⅱ ‣ ₩eʟcɵme Ŧɵ M¥şŧıc Fɑ£ʪ

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Well, I figured it was time to take care of my wife's things, you know?" He shrugged, but Jenna could tell this was harder for him than he was letting on.

"Look Jenna, I know things between you, and I have been a little start-and-stop. And I'm sorry for that, but maybe once I can-"

"Uh, no, don't do that." She cut him off before he could say anymore. "Not the 'half, maybe apology, hope for the future' thing." The car honks at the front of the house, signalling for her niece to hurry up. She hesitated to say something else but instead looked at the stairs, "Elena, are you coming?" She yelled.

"Just, do what you need to do okay?" She tells him. Even if she didn't want any false hope for a possible relationship for them, didn't mean she wasn't going to support Alaric through him trying move on.

Alaric just nodded with a tight smile before moving towards the car, Elena wasn't far behind, moving down the stairs, stopping by her aunt. "Hey, you okay?"

"Ha, yeah. Just men and their baggage." Jenna brushed it off but was still glad her niece cared enough to worry. Elena just nodded absentmindedly, as she continued down the driveway, leaving Jenna to walk back inside.

~

The cool breeze combed through her fingers as Valerie held her hand high in the air, the sky shone down and bounced off the shiny black car as it raced down the empty road. She happily sung along to the radio, the lyrics flowing off her tongue as the beat of the music thrummed in her ears.

The engine of the car hummed lowly as she slowed her driving and glided by the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. She sighed as she mentally scanned through all the things she had to do, before returning home. She thought by now she would have been used to it, it's not the first time she's had to come and clean up the Salvatore brother's mess, and it won't be the last.

Valerie's phone buzzed next to her, and she grabbed it, swiping up without looking at the contact.

"You've reached the Gerard hotline; how may I help you?" The brown-haired girl drawled out sarcastically.

"Really V, that's how you answer the phone?" A sharp laugh echoed in her ear.

"Oh, thank god, it's you. I thought Marcel was calling to check up on me, again," she sighed.

"He's just looking out for you."

"I know, I know, so what's going on with you, Lucy." Valerie reached out to lower the music.

"Ths usual, Leo is who knows where, however, I finally found a lead on a witch siphoner." Lucy told her.

"Wait really? That's great, how did you find it?" Valerie slowed the car as buildings started to come into view, few towns people scattered around the paths, living their blissfully unaware lives of the uneventful Mystic Falls, if only they knew.

"Well, the last time I visited you, I had heard chatter from witches that were getting ready for something." She explained. "I overheard them talking about the arrival of a powerful coven leader, but let me say, witches are still judgy little things because most of it was gossip about something that happened over 16 years ago."

"You do realise you're technically a witch, right?" Val laughed.

"That's beside the point. Listen to this, the leader's son went crazy and apparently killed his siblings." She admitted. "Sooo I searched it up and found an article, and I'm currently heading the Portland to check it out."

"Well, that's great, I'm happy for you." Valerie was glad her friend had finally gotten a lead.

"Yeah well, it's better than listening to Marcel and trailing you to Mystic Boring." She admitted.