Fem!Laddie: Future

Requested by @KelseyHolland7

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten years. Ten years since she lost the boys. It felt like a lifetime ago. In a sense, it was though. She was an Emerson now. Lucy had made sure of it. Big brother Michael liked scaring off any guy even mildly interested in her, and Sam was just cool to be around. After he got his license, Lucy couldn't stop the two from disappearing for days at a time, on special "brother-sister bonding experiences". 

But now it was just her, mom, and Grandpa. Sam was graduating college that year, and Michael and his now-wife, Star, had just had their first child, a little girl named Luna. Sure, Laddie was happy for them, but she missed her brothers. All of them. 

She missed Sam and Michael, but also the four who had cared for her all those years ago. She missed David, Paul, Marko, and especially Dwayne, who was the one always looking out for her. She felt abandoned. 

"Laddie, sweetheart," Lucy smiled. "How about we have a girls night? We can kick Grandpa out of the living room-"

"Can't. I work the night shift today," she murmured. "Sorry, mom." 

"Oh, right," Lucy's smile faltered. "Tomorrow?"

"Sounds awesome, mom," Laddie grinned. "Do you want to tell Grandpa, or should I?" 

"Oh, he's much more likely to listen to you," Lucy sighed. Laddie went back into the house, and came out with a huge grin. 

"Grandpa agreed!" Lucy smiled. 

"Wonderful! I'll make sure we've got lots of snacks!" Laddie grabbed her sack, about to leave. "Be safe, sweetheart." Lucy kissed her forehead. 

"Always am!" Laddie rolled her eyes. "Bye, mom! See you later!" She headed off to work. Working in a music store wasn't the most exciting job in the world, apart from the few odd characters who came in. People who clearly took their fashion sense from bands or celebrities. For better, or for worse. 

It was fairly normal that night. Laddie had the privilege of working with her best friend, Alicia, that night, which made it more bearable. 

"That guy looks like Twisted Sister," Alicia giggled. "Kind of weird looking, though..." Laddie turned to look, only to freeze. The guy's eyes widened, and he ran from the store, Laddie close on his heels. "LADDIE!" Alicia screamed. "WE HAVE WORK, REMEMBER?!" Laddie ignored her, and continued after the man. She caught a glimpse of another guy with a patchwork jacket. 

"Hey! Stop!" she yelled. She ran right into a tall, muscular man. "Excuse me...Dwayne?" she suddenly recognised the man. 

"Paul, what the hell were you doing?!" a voice hissed. David. The platinum blond pushed his way through the crowds of people, before stopping a few paces from the dark-haired man, and Laddie. "Dwayne? Who's this?" 

"Laddie," Dwayne whispered. "It's our little Laddie, David." The blond's brow furrowed. 

"She's all grown up," another voice remarked. Marko. 

"Told you she hadn't left Santa Carla!" Paul. They were all alive. "We were looking for ya, little buddy. We came back to find you." 

"You made me think you all were dead!" she screamed. "How could you do that to me?! I grieved your deaths for years! Do you know how many tears I shed for you?!" She began to cry. "I thought you guys were my family, but you all just left me here! ALONE!" 

"Laddie, that wasn't our intention," Dwayne said softly. "We thought it was best for you. A seven-year-old whose guardians were vampires wasn't the ideal childhood."